Turn your favorite Asian dish into a healthy salad!
Crunchy iceberg lettuce paired with roasted peppers and pineapple make the perfect lunch when topped with tender teriyaki chicken breast; this teriyaki chicken salad is amazingly delicious! The sauce comes together well, and is much better than anything you’ll get from a bottle. Once you’ve got this chicken salad recipe down, feel free to substitute shrimp or pork, or try the sauce in your favorite stir fry.
Teriyaki Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger fresh, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts sliced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup pineapple cubed
- 2 romaine lettuce heads chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic, and ginger in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine the cornstarch and the water in a small bowl until cornstarch is dissolved and add to the pot. Boil for about 30 seconds and turn off the heat.
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned. Add the bell peppers and pineapple and cook until warm and slightly softened. Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir until heated through.
- To serve, top the Romaine lettuce with the chicken, bell peppers, and pineapple.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms