All the flavor and texture of a soft spring roll without having to deal with the wrapper!
I love soft spring rolls loaded with chicken and crunchy vegetables. I’m sure I’m not alone in finding the rice paper wrappers to be rather, to put it nicely, “temperamental.” Want all the flavor and texture of a soft spring roll without having to deal with the wrappers? Try this Thai Chicken and Veggie Salad, complete with Peanut Dressing that mimics the traditional dipping sauce. It’s a quick, easy alternative.
Use Pre-Cooked Chicken for a Quick Lunch Solution
I created this recipe to throw together for a fast lunch, so I recommend using pre-cooked chicken. You can use leftover grilled chicken from another meal, or pick up some cooked chicken from the market.
You may prefer to cook the chicken at the same time you’re making your Thai Chicken Veggie Salad. If so, simply brown a chicken breast in a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, browning thoroughly. Next, add in 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth and cover the pan with a lid, cooking for another 6 to 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Then, set it aside to cool for 10 minutes. Finally, slice the chicken breasts into thin slices and top the salad mixture with the chicken.
Mimic a Spring Roll Dipping Sauce with this Peanut Dressing
When you make this peanut dressing for your salad, you’re using all the fantastic flavors found in a spring roll dipping sauce. The hoisin and orange juice give the dressing a sweet flavor, while the minced ginger and sriracha chili sauce give it some heat. Once you combine that with the salty soy sauce and earthy toasted sesame oil, you’ll have a perfectly well-rounded dressing.
Garnish the completed salad dish with chopped peanuts, cilantro, mint, and chopped green onions. Just like magic, you have a simple (yet complex) tasting salad!
Thai Chicken Veggie Salad with Peanut Dressing
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low-sodium
- 1/4 cup orange juice no sugar added
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3 carrots medium, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 cup snap peas halved
- 1/2 cup radishes sliced thing
- 1/4 cup cucumber sliced thin
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cooked and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, hoisin, sriracha, ginger, orange juice, and sesame oil. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Toss romaine and baby spinach together in a large bowl with sliced carrots, sugar snap peas, radishes, and cucumber slices. Divide between 4 plates and top with sliced chicken breast.
- Top with peanut dressing, chopped peanuts, green onions, cilantro and mint.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Want more recipes like this sent directly to your inbox? First, subscribe to our newsletter. Then, follow us on Instagram and Pinterest to not only get fantastic healthy recipes, but also to receive exercise tips, meal plans and much more!
quick question, the nutrition facts say it serves 6, yet the directions say divide between 4 plates. Which is the correct serving? Recipe looks great and I can’t wait to try it.
Sorry about that! We have updated the recipe to correctly reflect 4 servings.