You NEED this super easy recipe in your life!
In today’s busy world, we’re constantly searching for simpler, more efficient ways to prepare meals. At the same time, many people are becoming more health-conscious, looking to prepare meals at home instead of grabbing take-out. With these two things in mind, it’s really no surprise that the air fryer has become a go-to cooking method. It’s fantastic at making delicious and healthy meals in a short amount of time! If you don’t have one yet, this air fryer chicken breasts recipe will definitely make you want to get one!
“Fried” Chicken that is Low-Carb and Low-Fat!
The words “fried” and “healthy” have never really gone together, until now anyway! Using the air fryer method creates tender, juicy, chicken breasts that are perfectly browned with just the right amount of crispiness on the outside.
Our air fryer chicken breast recipe only requires seven simple ingredients, five of which are calorie-free spices. This recipe also uses avocado oil spray, but you could use extra light olive oil spray in its place if you prefer. The only ingredient that remains is the chicken breast. Put it all together, and each serving of this flavorful air fryer chicken contains just 66 calories while offering 12 grams of muscle-toning protein!
How Does the Air Fryer Work?
Let’s take a look at how the air fryer works. Contrary to its name, it doesn’t actually “fry” food. It’s essentially a countertop convection oven that circulates hot air around the food to create a browned, crispy outer layer. It doesn’t take up much space, and the fan inside the air fryer can cook food faster than the oven, too.
Making the Easiest Air Fryer Chicken Breasts Recipe
We’ll start by preheating the air fryer to 360 degrees. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the salt, garlic powder, ground black pepper, smoked paprika, and dried oregano. Feel free to switch up the seasonings to suit your taste buds, too! Cajun seasoning is a delicious way to add a little more spice to your chicken, while a lemon herb seasoning is a little more versatile. You can marinate the chicken beforehand, so don’t be afraid to meal-prep this recipe.
When the air fryer is preheated, coat the smooth side of the chicken breasts with the avocado oil and sprinkle on half of the seasoning. Place the chicken in the air fryer basket with the seasoned side facing down. Quickly spray the other side with avocado oil and sprinkle on the remaining seasoning. It’s important to note that you shouldn’t overcrowd the cooking basket. If you’re doubling or tripling the recipe, you’ll want to cook the chicken in batches.
Set the timer and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook it for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Keep in mind that the thickness of the breasts may affect the cook time, and you may need to cook the chicken for more or less time. The best way to ensure that your air fryer chicken is cooked all the way through is to insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken. When the thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit, your chicken is ready to eat!
The Best Ways to Serve this Tasty Air-Fried Chicken
You can use this recipe in any meal that calls for cooked chicken. If you want to shred it, it will yield about two cups of chicken. It makes a great salad topping, quesadilla filling, sandwich protein, and more! It’s also perfect when served with a simple side of veggies, rice, potatoes, or any other side dishes you have in mind. Here are a few of our favorite options:
- Oven Sweet Potato Fries
- Quick and Easy Roasted Veggie Kebabs
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Basil, Olive Oil, and Sea Salt
- 3-Ingredient Crispy Garlic Broccoli
Make up a batch or two of this juicy, lean chicken breast and have ready-to-eat protein in your fridge all week long!
The Easiest Air Fryer Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- avocado oil spray
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, garlic powder, ground black pepper, smoked paprika, and dried oregano.
- Spray the smooth side of the chicken breasts with the avocado oil and sprinkle on half of the seasoning.
- Place the breast in the air fryer basket, seasoned side down. Quickly spray the other side and sprinkle on the remaining seasoning.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes before flipping the breasts and cooking for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. NOTE: Air fryer cook times vary depending on the brand and the size of the chicken breast. The best way to know when the chicken is finished is to use an instant-read thermometer. When the thickest part of the chicken breast reads 165 degrees, the chicken is finished.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Are you looking forward to trying this easy air fryer chicken? Once you do, share your thoughts with us in the comment section!