Healthy fries? You bet! This recipe uses sweet potatoes instead of traditional white potatoes to create a crispy, tasty fry that is much healthier than the traditional version. These delicious fries are a great option if you are trying to get your kids to eat healthier. They offer all the usual taste and texture of regular potato fries, but since they are made with sweet potatoes, they are packed with vitamins and minerals. Sweet potatoes are loaded with beta carotene, which is what gives them their bright orange color. Learn more about the health benefits of sweet potatoes here. Sweet potato fries are an excellent way to sneak healthy ingredients into someone’s meal without them even realizing they are giving up a traditional indulgence. You can even up the nutrition quotient a little more by using healthy spices on your fries, such as cinnamon or turmeric.
When you’re doing your best to eat healthy, it can be tough giving up your favorite unhealthy treats, like deliciously salty french fries. Now, you don’t have to! SkinnyMs. has come up with a mouth-wateringly tasty version that is made with 100% clean, whole-food ingredients. Our Healthy Sweet Potato Fries are perfect for an after school snack, or to go along with our skinny burgers, like our: Turkey Veggie Burger, Quinoa Lentil Burger, Garbanzo Curry Burger, or Spicy Southwestern Burger.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 117 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 21mg | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Sugars: 4 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4 |
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (scrubbed), peeled, sliced into julienne strips (use a potato slicer if available)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine spices in a small bowl. Add potatoes, spices and olive oil to a large mixing bowl, toss to coat all potato slices.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a cookie sheet lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, or use a non-stick baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes or until tender on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Turn potatoes after 15 minutes of cooking time.
- NOTE: Feel free to add more spices or different spices altogether.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.