Getting enough veggies just got a whole lot easier with these quick and easy roasted veggie kebabs. Let’s face it: sometimes food just tastes better when it’s served on a stick. No one really knows why, but it’s true! It’s the reason why lollipops are fun and flirty while hard candies belong on the bottom of your grandma’s purse. And why we invented corn dogs (probably). Take a great food, put it on a stick, and it just gets better. That same inexplicable logic also brought us these kebabs. They’re a quick and easy way give your favorite roasted veggie a fun, simple update that will leave you craving more.
A Bold Assortment of Veggies
Kebabs are as much about aesthetic as they are flavor. These roasted veggie kebabs certainly don’t disappoint in either category. Our vegetable kebabs boast a wide assortment of colors and flavors, including bell peppers, squash, onion, tomatoes, and mushrooms.
To craft the perfect kebab aesthetic, place one piece of green pepper on the stick followed by a piece of yellow squash, onion, tomato, then mushroom. Repeat the pattern until the skewers are full.
While these veggies definitely pack a variety of flavors, the kebabs get a boost from a brush of tasty oil. A mix of olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, and thyme compliments the natural earthy flavors of these roasted vegetables.
Perfect For All Seasons
Kebabs tend to be a go-to summer treat, but you can enjoy this recipe all year round. You don’t need to go outside to make kebabs, either. You can make these quick and easy roasted veggie kebabs right in your oven. Once you’ve prepared the skewers and brushed the veggies with the olive oil mixture, just pop the kebabs into the oven and cook them for 8 minutes. Then, turn the skewers over and return them to the oven for another 5 to 6 minutes. Voila: perfectly roasted kebabs!
If you are craving a more summery kebab experience, feel free to toss these skewers on the grill. While you’re out there, whip up one of our favorite summertime grilled fruit desserts. Either way, these quick and easy roasted veggie kebabs are a fun and flavorful way to conjure up some veggie cravings. Enjoy!
Quick and Easy Roasted Veggie Kebabs
- 1 green bell pepper cut into large chunks
- 1 zucchini squash cut into large chunks, optional yellow squash
- 1 red onion cut into large chunks
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ground thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- On skewers, place one piece of the bell pepper, one piece of zucchini, one piece of red onion, one tomato, and one mushroom. Repeat until the skewer is full. Lay each complete skewer on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, and thyme. Brush each skewer with the olive oil mixture on all sides.
- Bake the skewers for about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn over. Bake for an additional 5 to 6 minutes. Serve hot.