What if we told you that making a batch of the sweet, chewy, coconut macaroons you enjoy at your local bakery was as easy as 1, 2, 3? Our 3-ingredient delights use only superfood bananas, unsweetened coconut, and vegan chocolate chips, ensuring that this will be the easiest, and healthiest, batch of cookies you’ve ever made! Treat your guests to a delicious batch this season!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 2 macaroons | Calories: 174 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 9 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 6 mg | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 14 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints: 9 |
- 2 medium (very ripe) banana
- 2 cups finely shredded coconut (I used unsweetened coconut)
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips, (gluten-free/vegan used in this recipe, Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the bananas and coconut until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Shape into 16 cookies or drops and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Don't allow the cookies to touch. Bake until coconut is golden and cookies are set, approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature while still on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.