There’s nothing more satisfying than a delicious salad using fresh ingredients without the guilt of consuming excess calories. The Mediterranean flavors of southern Italy are known for their fresh, simple, and healthy ingredients. Enjoy what the Italians eat at their own tables, right in your own kitchen. With this very simple recipe, you can enjoy a little piece of Italy in your own home.
Did you know that Mediterranean diet pattern has been recently recognized by UNESCO as an Intangible Cultural Heritage of Greece, Spain, Portugal, Croatia, Morocco, Cyprus & Italy? This diet stands out because of its high consumption of olive oil, legumes, vegetables, fruits, unrefined cereals and fish, moderate consumption of dairy products and wine, and low consumption of meat.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Calories:169 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 30 mg | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Sodium: 110 mg | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 14 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 7 ounces mozzarella
- 8 ounces tomatoes, halved or quartered (depending on the size)
- 2 cups arugula
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix the anchovies, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice with an immersion blender then set aside.
- In the serving plate, distribute the rucola, mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Dress the salad with the anchovy dressing when ready to serve.
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
Don’t miss out on the latest from SkinnyMs.! Subscribe to our daily eNewsletter so you won’t miss a thing. You can also like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for more delicious recipes, clean eating tips and healthy lifestyle resources.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.