Calling all chocolate lovers...
Ah, cheesecake. An American-born classic and a source of guilty pleasure to many. Despite its melt-in-your-mouth goodness, this dessert probably ranks high on your list of “off-limits” foods. Fortunately, our clean-eating Triple Chocolate Cheesecake lets you have your cake and eat it, too!
It’s packed full of wholesome, nutrient-rich ingredients like almonds, oats, and coconut sugar. They wash away any guilt you feel after eating processed foods or desserts made with refined sugars. And even though we use low-fat ricotta cheese and Greek yogurt instead of traditional cream cheese, our skinnied-up cheesecake still has all the rich, buttery texture you love in regular cheesecakes.
Triple the Goodness
They say good things come in threes, and we think they’re right! Triple the chocolate means triple the intensity and flavor. It all starts with a crunchy, almond and chocolate crust that cradles the fudgy, sweet cheese filling. Then, we top it off with even more mouthwatering chocolate sauce and a delectable berry topping.
Each layer boasts a unique consistency, creating a to-die-for flavor. Ruby-red raspberries add a fresh finishing touch to the mouthwatering treat. It looks gorgeous, tastes incredible, and has less than 400 calories per serving.
Each blissful bite of this triple chocolate cheesecake will bring joy to your taste buds! So what are you waiting for?
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate broken into pieces, or chocolate chips
- 1 cup almonds raw
- 1 cup oats not instant
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate broken into small pieces, or chocolate chips
- 16 ounces cream cheese reduced-fat, room temperature
- 1 cup ricotta cheese low-fat
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 4 eggs large
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain, fat-free
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate broken into pieces, or chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup lite coconut milk canned
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or berries of choice (if using strawberries, cut into halves or quarters)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the Crust
- *Use a double boiler to melt chocolate or melt in a saucepan or low heat.
- Add almonds, oats, and salt to a food processor and pulse until a fine crumb consistency. Stir almond-oat mixture, melted chocolate, and coconut oil in a small bowl until well-combined.
- Add crumbs to a 9-inch springform pan and press crumbs evenly on bottom and 1/2-inch up the sides of the pan.
- Tip - Place plastic wrap over the fingers of one hand to press crumbs in place. Refrigerate crust to set while preparing the filling.
For the Filling
- *Use the same double boiler or saucepan to melt chocolate, and turn off heat when done. Cover and leave pan on burner while preparing the filling. Chocolate should still be warm when adding to the filling.
- Add cream cheese and ricotta cheese to a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cheeses until light and fluffy and there are no longer visible lumps.
- Add coconut palm sugar and continue beating until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat just until incorporated. Add yogurt and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Pour warm chocolate into mixture and mix until chocolate is well combined.
To Bake and Chill
- Pour filling into prepared crust, place on a baking sheet, and bake on center oven rack 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until top is set and some jiggle is still visible in the center.
- Place cheesecake on a cooling rack and cool to room temperature, about 3 to 4 hours.
- If any cracks appear in the cheesecake, don't worry as they will be filled in with the topping and no longer visible.
- Place plastic wrap over the pan and refrigerate overnight or until completely chilled. Remove from the refrigerator and allow to set at room temperature about 5 minutes. Run a warm knife around the outside of the cheesecake before releasing sides of springform pan. It is recommended to leave the cheesecake on the bottom part of the springform pan for serving.
To Serve - Topped with Chocolate Sauce and Berries
- Whisk together all ingredients for chocolate sauce in a small saucepan over low heat, until chocolate has melted. Allow to cool slightly then pour over cheesecake.
- Add berries on top, as pictured. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love the dessert? Hungry for more clean eating versions of your favorite treats? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below or follow us on Facebook.