These unforgettably juicy burgers are worth dreaming about.
Burgers for breakfast? You bet! This brilliant recipe puts a tasty spin on turkey sausage, giving your breakfast staple a mouthwatering makeover. That’s right. We’ve kicked the party up a few notches with these turkey sausage brunch burgers, guaranteed to brighten any morning.
A Brunch Burger Like None Other!
Dare we say these might be the best burgers you ever sink your teeth into? I mean simply imagining these delectable hand-held sandwiches makes me hungry. Here juicy, homemade turkey sausage patties flavored with irresistible spices is topped with melty swiss cheese and slices of crispy bacon. Next, the decked out, cheesy patty cradles a runny egg, and nestles between a toasted brioche bun layered with pesto. I mean honestly, your taste buds will fall in love at first bite, and we certainly don’t blame them.
Homemade Turkey Sausages: An Underrated Delight
People underestimate the simplicity of homemade turkey sausage. As a result, the beloved breakfast member usually gets picked up in its pre-made form at the grocery store. If people only knew how surprisingly easy turkey sausages were to whip up at home, they’d save cash and boost their health.
Store-bought sausages and patties might parade around with deceitful low-calorie, low-carb labels that make them all the more enticing. However, these conventional brands oftentimes contain sulfites, fillers, and other processed ingredients that can sabotage a diet. And trust me, a scrumptious turkey sausage made from scratch gives its pre-packaged counterpart a run for its money flavor-wise.
How To Make Turkey Sausage Brunch Burgers
Lucky for you, you can ditch all of that and boost your health by making your turkey sausage patties at home with our turkey sausage brunch burger recipe! Simply combine ground turkey, Italian seasoning, fennel, salt, and pepper with clean hands. Next form burger patties and cook in some olive oil over medium heat.
After you’ve whipped up your burgers, top with swiss cheese, turkey bacon, and a fried egg. Next, slice your brioche burger in half and spread basil besto on each side, layering with fresh spinach and tomato. Place a turkey patty on one half of the brioche bun and close the sandwich with the top half. Serve warm and enjoy!
This turkey sausage brunch burger recipe makes a delicious main course to any brunch party or breakfast gathering! Meanwhile, with just 5 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of cook time, these tasty, hearty burgers will become a regular at your breakfast table!
Turkey Sausage Brunch Burger
- 8 turkey bacon slices
- 1 pound ground turkey I use a blend of dark and white meat
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Swiss cheese slices
- 4 eggs large
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tomato large, sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- Cook turkey bacon according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using clean hands, combine ground turkey, Italian seasoning, fennel, salt and pepper. Blend thoroughly. Form into 4 burger patties
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burger patties until cooked through on the inside (165 degrees F) and golden brown on the outside, adjusting heat if necessary. Set aside on a plate or sheet pan lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Top each burger with swiss cheese slices, then top with 2 slices of turkey bacon while warm.
- While skillet is still hot, fry eggs to over-easy or over-medium (cook to your preference). Place a fried egg on top of each burger.
- Assemble burgers by spreading basil pesto on each brioche bun. Divide spinach and tomatoes evenly on bottom bun. Top with a burger patty topped with cheese, bacon and egg. Finish with the top brioche bun. Serve while warm.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms