Our dog food and treat recipes are all made with 100% natural, human-grade ingredients. In other words, we recommend dog food made with clean and healthy foods that you use in your recipes for your own meals. When creating our dog food recipes, we research which ingredients are best for dogs to eat and digest, create the recipes, test them on our own dogs and dogs of friends and family. Then, we share the recipes on SkinnyMs. so that your dog can also enjoy wholesome, clean eating dog food and treats.
This Turkey and Veggie dog food recipe is made with lean, ground turkey and nutrient rich vegetables that will boost your pet’s health and wellness. Olive oil is added to help give shine to your dogs coat and provides needed fats for a healthy diet.
NOTE: Check with your veterinarian before making any changes to your pet’s diet. Also, please be aware of any allergies your pet may have to specific ingredients and avoid ingredients which have caused reactions in your pets in the past. If you are unsure about a specific ingredient found in one of our dog food recipes, introduce the food to your pets in small amounts first.
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chicken liver, finely diced or pureed, optional
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup green beans, diced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to a double boiler, place vegetables in a steam basket over the pot and cover. Heat until boiling, reduce heat to a low-boil and steam until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the turkey and liver to a large skillet and cook on medium-high heat until done. Drain off any fat and discard. Chop veggies or pulse in a food processor. Add veggies to cooked turkey.
- Add the olive oil and toss with turkey & veggie mixture. Allow to cool before dividing into freezer safe containers.
NOTE: Ziploc bags are great for freezing individual meals and should be labeled with the date of preparation and name of the meal. The amount frozen for each meal will depend on the weight of your dog. Check with your vet regarding how much to feed your dog on a daily basis. Allow to defrost in the refrigerator the night before serving.
Follow us on Pinterest for more tasty dog recipes, pet tips, and loads of cuteness.