Dog food made with 100% human grade ingredients and no fillers.
We only want the best for your dogs! That’s why we recommend making your own dog food. It’s the best way to control what ingredients go in (and which preservatives stay out). All of our dog food and treat recipes are made with 100% natural, human-grade ingredients. The same type of clean, healthy foods that you use to create your own meals! That’s why you’ll find lean turkey, protein-rich liver, and nutrient-dense vegetables in this Turkey and Veggie Dog Food recipe.
Choosing Ingredients for our Turkey and Veggie Dog Food Recipe
When creating our dog food recipes, we research which ingredients are best for dogs to eat and digest. Then, we create the recipes and test them on our own dogs. Once we know our dogs are satisfied, we give the recipes to our friends and families and try them out on their dogs. Finally, we share the recipes with the Skinny Ms. community. That way, your dog can also enjoy wholesome, clean-eating dog food and treats.
After doing our research, we selected lean, ground turkey for this Turkey and Veggie Dog Food recipe. We also added in a few nutrient rich vegetables to boost your pet’s health and wellness. As an extra bonus, we included olive oil in the mix. It not only provides essential fats for your dog’s healthy diet, but it also gives your dog’s coat the shine it deserves.
NOTE: Check with your veterinarian before making any changes to your pet’s diet. Also, please be aware of any allergies your pet may have to specific ingredients. Always avoid ingredients which have caused reactions in your pets in the past. If you are unsure about a specific ingredient found in one of our dog food recipes, introduce the food to your pets in small amounts first.
Turkey and Veggie Dog Food Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chicken liver finely diced
- 2 medium carrots coarsely chopped
- 1 cup green beans diced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to a double boiler, place vegetables in a steam basket over the pot and cover. Heat until boiling, reduce heat to a low-boil and steam until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the turkey and liver to a large skillet and cook on medium-high heat until done. Drain off any fat and discard. Chop veggies or pulse in a food processor. Add veggies to cooked turkey.
- Add the olive oil and toss with turkey & veggie mixture. Allow to cool before dividing into freezer safe containers.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
NOTE: Freezer-safe bags are great for freezing individual meals. Before tossing them into the freezer, make sure to label each bag with the date of preparation and name of the meal. The serving size for each meal will depend on the breed and weight of your dog. Check with your vet regarding how much to feed your dog on a daily basis. Always allow time to defrost each meal in the refrigerator the night before serving.
Follow us on Pinterest for more tasty dog recipes, pet tips, and loads of cuteness.