Jazz up your dinner menu.
Calling all vegetarians tired of cycling through the same monotonous recipes. Jazz up your dinner menu with this Vegetarian Couscous Salad! The colorful dish merges nutty, grainy couscous with fresh vegetable salad. Juicy corn kernels and crunchy vegetables add delicious freshness to every bite.
Whole-wheat couscous is fiber-rich and low-glycemic. It provides slow-releasing energy that satiates hunger and stabilizes blood sugar levels. Paprika and black pepper give the salad a zesty kick and plenty of health benefits. This quick and easy salad makes a packable lunch and pairs well with any chicken or tofu main course.
Vegetarian Couscous Salad
- 2 cups whole-wheat couscous
- 1/2 cup cucumber peeled if waxy or thick-skinned, center seeds removed and discarded, diced
- 1/2 cup roma tomatoes fresh, diced (about 1-2 tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels thawed (from frozen), freshly cut from boiled corn on the cob, or canned and drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring 3 cups salted water to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, add the couscous and cover.
- Cool the couscous. It can be cooled faster by spreading on a nonstick baking sheet and leaving uncovered in the fridge for 30 minutes. Do not rinse the couscous.
- Toss all of the vegetables and couscous in a large salad bowl to combine. Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing and toss into the couscous salad to combine evenly. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What would you like to see from us next? Let us know!