If you are a green smoothie hold out, this is the recipe that will have you hooked. Our Creamy Green Smoothie tastes more like a dessert but with all the health benefits you might think. This recipe is made with whole foods and as always, is 100% clean! If you’re not a fan of buttermilk, don’t worry, it’s what makes this smoothie rich & creamy but without the buttermilk taste.
Yields: 3 | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 163 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 5 | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Sodium: mg | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints: 5
- 3 large Romaine Heart Leaves
- 14 (1" cubes) honeydew melon
- 1/2 ripe avocado, seeded and peeling removed
- 1 frozen ripe banana, slice before freezing
- 2 teaspoons honey, optional
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 fresh mint leaves + more for garnish
- 8 - 10 ice wedges
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If desired, add 2 tablespoons whipped topping. Check out our 100% Clean Whipped Topping recipe for an yummy addition! Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.