Love chili, but prefer not to load up on saturated fat or processed chili mixes? Considering vegetarianism, but unwilling to give up your favorite foods? We have the solution! Our white bean chili satisfies your craving for chili, but cuts out all of the unhealthy ingredients found in many chili recipes. This chili not only eliminates much of the sodium and saturated fat in traditional chili recipes, it incorporates health superstars like high fiber legumes. This is one healthy chili recipes you will love.
Altering your favorite recipes to adapt them to a healthier eating plan can be hit or miss. Sometimes all it takes is a few eliminations and additions to create a healthier version of a favorite that still tastes great. Other times, even the simplest changes result in a dish that is nothing like the original. This can leave clean eating novices frustrating and feeling as if there is no choice but to eat unhealthy or suffer with food that tastes terrible. Luckily, we offer plenty of recipes like this white bean chili that are delicious and health.
Yields: 8 | Serving size: 1 cup | Calories: 142 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 15 mg | Sodium: 454 mg | Carbohydrates: 9 g | Dietary fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 12 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 0 |
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth, fat free, low sodium (optional vegetable broth)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 (15.5 ounces) cans Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt for garnish
- Combine all the above ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 8 hours in a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.