Power up your lunch sandwich!
Pack a variety of superfoods between your slices of bread and you’ve got a healthy sandwich that’s tasty, too! The standouts in this sandwich are avocado, with its healthy fats, and tomato, with lycopene and antioxidants. Whole grain bread offers fiber and our healthy spreads give you that zest you crave without the extra calories.
Overstuffed Veggie Sandwich
- 4 tablespoons Goat Cheese Yogurt Spread, goat cheese, Ranch Dip, or other creamy condiment of choice
- 8 slices of whole-grain bread or whole-wheat bread
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves large, torn in half (or other lettuce leaves)
- 1 avocado medium, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 tomato large, sliced (beefsteak works well)
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1 cup carrots peeled and grated on cheese grater
- 4 slices muenster cheese low-fat, substitute with provolone, mozzarella cheese, or vegan cheese of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread 4 slices of bread with Goat Cheese Yogurt Spread or Ranch Dip Spread. To the other slices add cheese, shredded carrots, 1/4 cup bean sprouts to each, 2 slices of tomato, 1/4 avocado, and cucumber. Top with the bread that has the spread on it, season with salt and pepper, and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms