Pack a variety of superfoods between your slices of bread and you’ve got a healthy sandwich that’s tasty, too! The standouts in this sandwich are avocado, with its healthy fats, and tomato, with lycopene and antioxidants. Whole grain bread offers fiber and our healthy spreads give you that zest you crave without the extra calories.
*Calculated with goat cheese Yields: 4 servings | Serving size: 1 sandwich | Calories: 484 | Total Fat: 19 g | Saturated Fats: 6 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 24 mg | Sodium: 152 mg | Carbohydrates: 60 g | Dietary fiber: 23 g | Sugars: 15 g | Protein: 27 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 16
- 4 tablespoons Goat Cheese Yogurt Spread, goat cheese, Ranch Dip, or other creamy condiment of choice
- 8 slices whole grain/ whole wheat bread
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves (or other lettuce) leaves, torn in half
- 1 medium sized avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 large tomato (beefsteak works well), sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup grated carrots (peeled and grated on cheese grater)
- 4 slices low fat muenster, provolone, mozzarella cheese, or vegan cheese of choice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spread 4 slices of bread with Goat Cheese Yogurt Spread or Ranch Dip Spread. To the other slices add cheese, shredded carrots, 1/4 cup bean sprouts to each, 2 slices of tomato, 1/4 avocado, and cucumber. Top with the bread that has the spread on it, season with salt and pepper, and enjoy!