This Whole Wheat Pita Pizza is a quick and easy meal that’s perfect for a busy weeknight! Whole wheat pitas are topped with sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, garlic, and basil for a simple, yet tasty pizza. You can of course add or take away ingredients as you please — olives, red onion, peppers, or even turkey sausage or pepperoni if you want something a little higher in protein! Best of all, it’s sure to be a hit with the whole family because, after all, who doesn’t love pizza?
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 pita pizza | Calories: 250 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 440mg | Carbohydates: 28g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 11g | SmartPoint (Freestyle): 8
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4 whole wheat pita
- 1 whole tomato, sliced into thin rounds
- 4 ounces low fat fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- In small bowl, combine oil and garlic. Brush onto each pita. Top with tomato and mozzarella on top of tomato.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil. Cut, serve, and enjoy.
You may also like our Easy Flat Bread Pesto Pizza Recipe!