by Skinny Ms.
Clean eating is a lifestyle. By incorporating whole, fresh foods into your diet, you eliminate preservatives, additives, and toxins and avoid the processed and refined foods that wreak havoc on our health and on our waistlines! But clean eating doesn’t need to be time-consuming. We’re offering your some of our favorite clean-eating recipes that are quick to prepare. From easy prep recipes like soups and casseroles to salads and sandwiches, we’ll have you packing in the nutrients in no time!
1. Slow Cooker Savory Superfood Soup. Clocking in at 157 calories per serving and only one gram of fat, this soup packs a surplus of nutrients into each and every calorie. Loaded with veggie superstars such as sweet potato, carrots, green beans, and black beans, as well as protein and fiber, this recipe is a weight loss staple!
2. Mango and Black Bean Salsa. We love salsas because of the flavor they add to chicken, seafood, and homemade Mexican food. This one includes only six ingredients and comes together in just a few minutes. Black beans add fiber and protein, while mango, peppers, and onion add flavor and nutrients.
3. Grain-free Tabbouleh with Chickpeas. We’re a big fan of whole grains, but when we can substitute a vegetable for a grain to come up with a lunch that’s entirely made of vegetables and seeds, we call that a win. Cauliflower subs for tabbouleh grains, and chickpeas, hemp seeds, and tomatoes pack a wallop of nutrients and fiber.
4. Roasted Pear Sandwich with Baby Spinach. Roasting pears is actually incredibly easy. Simply place on a baking sheet and let cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, and assemble your sandwich. Pears, spinach, and whole grain bread deliver antioxidants and dietary fiber in a simple, delicious sandwich.
5. Classic Cucumber Tomato Salad. This salad could not be easier to prepare. Slice up your cucumbers and tomatoes, and toss with the dressing ingredients, and you’ve got a light, savory salad, perfect for picnics, BBQs, and warm nights.
6. Wild Blueberry Orange Scones. It can be a challenge to come up with clean, whole baking recipes that aren’t loaded with refined flours and sugar. But this scone recipe wins accolades for its use of almond, cashew, and coconut flours, along with coconut sugar, and blueberries, one of the most super of all superfoods. These delicious scones are satisfying and sweet, without any of the processed ingredients that often go into baked goods.
7. Easy Roasted Salmon and Bok Choy. Dine on a restaurant quality meal that comes together in only a few simple steps. Salmon, rich in omega-3 fatty acids, cooks in only fifteen minutes, while whole, nutritious bok choy simply steams and sautees in minutes with the other veggies in this healthful dish.
8. Get Up and Go Smoothie. A refreshing smoothie is one of our favorite ways to get a heaping dose of nutrition in one glass. This smoothie comes with chia seeds, one of our favorite superfoods that provides fiber, antioxidants, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids. Combined with other clean, whole superfoods such as blueberries, banana, Greek yogurt, and flax, this ice-cold smoothie is brimming with nutritional advantage.
9. Linguine with Baby Arugula and Fresh Herbs. In Italy, sauce is sometimes referred to as “condimento”, and is thought of as a dressing for pasta, rather than a topping that smothers the main event. Dress your pasta with a variety of green superfoods and cherry tomatoes, and you have a light pasta dish that feels almost like a salad.
See next page for more Easy and Quick Clean Eating Recipes