by Skinny Ms.
Clean eating is a lifestyle. By incorporating whole, fresh foods into your diet, you eliminate preservatives, additives, and toxins and avoid the processed and refined foods that wreak havoc on our health and on our waistlines! But clean eating doesn’t need to be time-consuming. We’re offering your some of our favorite clean-eating recipes that are quick to prepare. From easy prep recipes like soups and casseroles to salads and sandwiches, we’ll have you packing in the nutrients in no time!
1. Slow Cooker Savory Superfood Soup. Clocking in at 157 calories per serving and only one gram of fat, this soup packs a surplus of nutrients into each and every calorie. Loaded with veggie superstars such as sweet potato, carrots, green beans, and black beans, as well as protein and fiber, this recipe is a weight loss staple!
2. Mango and Black Bean Salsa. We love salsas because of the flavor they add to chicken, seafood, and homemade Mexican food. This one includes only six ingredients and comes together in just a few minutes. Black beans add fiber and protein, while mango, peppers, and onion add flavor and nutrients.
3. Grain-free Tabbouleh with Chickpeas. We’re a big fan of whole grains, but when we can substitute a vegetable for a grain to come up with a lunch that’s entirely made of vegetables and seeds, we call that a win. Cauliflower subs for tabbouleh grains, and chickpeas, hemp seeds, and tomatoes pack a wallop of nutrients and fiber.
4. Roasted Pear Sandwich with Baby Spinach. Roasting pears is actually incredibly easy. Simply place on a baking sheet and let cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, and assemble your sandwich. Pears, spinach, and whole grain bread deliver antioxidants and dietary fiber in a simple, delicious sandwich.
5. Classic Cucumber Tomato Salad. This salad could not be easier to prepare. Slice up your cucumbers and tomatoes, and toss with the dressing ingredients, and you’ve got a light, savory salad, perfect for picnics, BBQs, and warm nights.
6. Wild Blueberry Orange Scones. It can be a challenge to come up with clean, whole baking recipes that aren’t loaded with refined flours and sugar. But this scone recipe wins accolades for its use of almond, cashew, and coconut flours, along with coconut sugar, and blueberries, one of the most super of all superfoods. These delicious scones are satisfying and sweet, without any of the processed ingredients that often go into baked goods.
7. Easy Roasted Salmon and Bok Choy. Dine on a restaurant quality meal that comes together in only a few simple steps. Salmon, rich in omega-3 fatty acids, cooks in only fifteen minutes, while whole, nutritious bok choy simply steams and sautees in minutes with the other veggies in this healthful dish.
8. Get Up and Go Smoothie. A refreshing smoothie is one of our favorite ways to get a heaping dose of nutrition in one glass. This smoothie comes with chia seeds, one of our favorite superfoods that provides fiber, antioxidants, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids. Combined with other clean, whole superfoods such as blueberries, banana, Greek yogurt, and flax, this ice-cold smoothie is brimming with nutritional advantage.
9. Linguine with Baby Arugula and Fresh Herbs. In Italy, sauce is sometimes referred to as “condimento”, and is thought of as a dressing for pasta, rather than a topping that smothers the main event. Dress your pasta with a variety of green superfoods and cherry tomatoes, and you have a light pasta dish that feels almost like a salad.
See next page for more Easy and Quick Clean Eating Recipes
10. Slow Cooker Pomegranate Chicken Breasts. Think it’s difficult to get a lean, healthy chicken breast to taste flavorful and come out juicy? Think again. This chicken recipe couldn’t be more simple. Bathe your chicken breasts in savory ingredients, and drop in the slow cooker. Walk away and go about your day, and when you come back, you’ll have chicken that’s moist and full of flavor.
11. Spicy Sausage Jambalaya. Jambalaya is a Creole dish that’s bursting with flavor and spice. It sounds like it might take some time to prepare, but this six-ingredient recipe is finished in less than a half hour. Chicken and turkey are substituted for fatty pork, and veggies and spices add fiber and taste to this festive dinner!
12. Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. Another “set it and forget it” slow cooker dish, this soup requires only some simple prep, and then allows you to let it cook while you go about your day. Two kinds of beans, and lean chicken breasts, pack in the protein, and a variety of veggies offer nutrients in this hearty, spicy soup.
13. 2 Minute Citrus Sorbet. Delicious dessert? Check. Easy to prepare? Check. Made with only clean, whole ingredients? Check! This sorbet packs the flavor of whole mango, the zest and juice of lemons and oranges, and just a pinch of cinnamon, for a dessert that’s indulgent but not the least bit unhealthy.
14. Garden Salad with Lemon and Oil Dressing. This quick-prep salad is the gift that keeps on giving. Make a big batch, and you’ll have lunch salads for days. Superfoods like spinach, avocado, almonds, and sprouts make this a healthful choice for your mid-day meal or as an accompaniment to dinner.
15. Caprese Quinoa Salad. This salad is a cinch to prepare, and is truly a meal in itself. Quinoa cooks quickly and provides complex carbohydrates and protein, while a variety of legumes and veggies pack the nutrients. A little lemon juice and balsamic give this flavorful salad some kick!
16. Turkey and White Bean Chili. This 25-minute stew is a warm, comforting crowd-pleaser that’s a cinch to prepare. Turkey is a lean substitute for red meat, and beans and whole tomatoes add fiber, protein, and lycopene to this healthy dish that’s perfect for parties or even simple weeknight dinners.
17. Southwestern Black Bean Casserole. A casserole doesn’t need to be a hassle to prepare. Black beans are the main event here, and when combined with a variety of no-prep ingredients, this is an easy dish that will delight and satisfy the whole family!
18. Turkey and Squash Soup. Any time that we can use lean turkey to provide protein and heartiness to a soup or stew, we seize the opportunity. With the addition of winter squash and a variety of vegetables, this soup is both satisfying and nutritious. The prep here is minimal, and once the turkey is cooked through, you have a complex, healthful dinner that takes less than an hour to put together.
19. Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Roast. Impress guests at a dinner party with a gorgeous, roasted chicken that requires the most simple of prep and a foolproof slow cooker method that will leave you with moist, tender chicken and perfectly roasted vegetables.
20. Quick and Easy Veggie Chili. This chili is entirely comprised of beans, veggies, and spices, packing a punch of protein, fiber, and nutrients. It’s prep and cook time clocks in at just over thirty minutes. Plus, it’s a dish that can be refrigerated and reheated for a week’s worth of healthy dinners or lunches.
21. Chicken and Bulgur Stew. Bulgur wheat is one of our favorite whole grains. Nutty in flavor and rich in fiber, this grain will keep you satisfied and energized for hours. Add some chicken for lean protein, and you have a healthful stew that comforts and warms. And while this stew takes only a quick prep before a slow simmer that allows you to get out of the kitchen for a few hours, you can also substitute cooked chicken for the quickest of quick meals.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite easy, clean eating recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Fill us in by leaving a comment below.