Slow cookers are not just for simmering fast and fatty comfort foods these days! Here are 29 guilt-free slow cooker recipes made from whole food ingredients that are sure to be a hit with family and friends.
1. Warm Slow Cooker Bean Salad
This three-bean salad is perfect for picnics and potlucks.
2. Simple Crock Pot Pear and Applesauce
Using pears to sweeten the applesauce makes this dish healthy with no added sugar.
3. Paleo Slow Cooked Mexican Meatballs
These gluten-free meatballs are layered with true Mexican flavor!
4. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili
Sweet potatoes, bell peppers, and protein-packed black beans create the perfect hearty vegetarian chili.
5. Slow Cooker Sausage and Vegetables
This summer medley of vegetables is flexible – try eggplant and yellow squash! Grab the recipe.
6. Homemade Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce
Tomato sauce made in the crock pot is perfect for pizza and pasta – and it can be prepared over night or during your busy work day.
7. Mexican Cabbage Soup
This side dish pairs perfectly with a meal of tacos or burritos!
8. Slow Cooker Spicy Three Bean Turkey Chili
Using turkey instead of beef gives this chili all the flavor of the classic dish, without the added calories.
9. Crock Pot Apple Butter
Apple butter flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, is sure to spice things up a bit!
10. Crock Pot Black Bean Soup
Vegan and gluten-free, black bean soup is a great warm option after a long day.
11. Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Steel-Cut Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a healthy breakfast or dessert option, especially with this rich chocolatey taste!
12. Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
Cook these ribs on the lowest setting for 8-10 hours. They will be perfectly tender and moist!
13. Greek-Inspired Slow Cooker Chicken
Chicken mixed with rosemary and balsamic vinegar brings great flavor to this easy crock pot recipe.
14. Slow Cooker Bean and Quinoa Chili
Quinoa is one of the healthiest superfoods out there and is the perfect addition to this chili.
15. Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
This oatmeal is perfect for breakfast or dessert!
16. Slow Cooker Chicken Posole Stew
Using chicken instead of pork is a great twist on this Mexican stew.
17. Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
Simple and easy to make, this cranberry sauce is not just for the holidays!
18. Slow Cooker Fudge
Made with dark chocolate and coconut milk, this fudge is guilt-free and nutritious! Try it here.
19. Chunky Rosemary Vegetable Stew
This simple veggie stew is perfect if you’re looking for a hearty, vegetarian meal.
20. Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Mash
This healthy alternative to sweet potato casserole is simple and easy to prepare in the slow cooker. Try it here.
21. Harvest Chicken Apple Stew
With fall coming, the pumpkin and apple flavors of this stew are perfect for an autumn night in.
22. Cashew Corn Chowder with Cilantro Cream
This chowder is everything you love, without the heavy milk and cream.
23. Slow Cooker Autumn Oatmeal
Prep this oatmeal the night before and enjoy it for a quick breakfast during the week or for brunch over the weekend!
24. Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
This fresh and clean lemon chicken is perfect for any time of year!
25. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Pulled pork is a simple and classic dish, and the homemade barbecue sauce adds an extra kick.
26. Restorative Vegetable Broth
This broth fills your body with vitamins and minerals, while being gentle on the digestive system.
27. Crockpot Eggplant Chickpea Curry
Indian curry sometimes contains excess fat, but this curry is filled only with flavor!
28. Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
With only a few ingredients, this chicken is perfect on top of a taco salad or in a burrito!
29. Slow Cooker Chicken with Artichoke and Olives
Healthy and easy, this crock pot recipe is perfect. Try creating a gravy for extra flavor.