The next time you have that insatiable craving for chocolate, take a little time to make our decadent yet guilt-free Slow Cooker Fudge. Made with dark chocolate and coconut milk, Slow Cooker Fudge is as nutritious as it is delicious.
Dark chocolate helps lower blood pressure, increase blood flow to throughout the body, and maintain level blood sugar. As for coconut milk, it is an excellent alternative to dairy and contains high amounts of vitamins and nutrients to fight illnesses. With a touch of honey, our fudge is perfectly sweet without adding any refined sugar. Just like most slow cooker recipes, the process is so easy that it is just a matter of tossing the ingredients in the pot and letting the slow cooker do the rest. Slow Cooker Fudge quickly becomes a favorite for most families.
Yield: Servings 20 | Serving Size: 1 piece of fudge | Calories: 114 g | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 21 mg | Carbohydrates: 17 g | Sugars: 10 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints: 6 |
- 2-1/2 cups Chocolate Chips, [I used dark chocolate chips because of their health benefits. Ghirardelli is a good brand and works well with this recipe)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, (canned, not in a carton)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, optional honey or maple syrup
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fudge is perfect for the slow cooker because it doesn't scorch or burn.
- Add chocolate chips, coconut milk, coconut sugar, salt, and coconut oil, stir to combine. Next, cover and cook on low 2 hours without stirring. It's important that lid remain on during the 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, turn the slow cooker off, uncover, and add vanilla. IMPORTANT; Do not stir fudge mixture at this point. Allow to cool to room temperature, or it reaches 110 degrees with a candy thermometer.
- Once cooled, use a large spoon, stir vigorously for 5-10 minutes until it loses some the gloss.
- Lightly oil an 8"x8" square pan. Pour fudge into pan, cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. This fudge is very rich and meant to be eaten on occasion as a treat.
- Note: Canned coconut milk can be found in the Asian or organic sections of most grocery stores.
RECIPE SIGNUP: If you’re interested in receiving the newest and best Slow Cooker recipes via email from SkinnyMs., signup here: eNewsletter Signup.