Combine chocolate and peppermint and you’ve got one delicious treat!
Yields 30 Servings | Serving Size: 1 Piece | Calories: 114 g | Previous Points: 3 | Points Plus: 3 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 21 mg | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Sugars: 10 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Protein: 1 g
- 2-1/2 cups chocolate chips, [I used dark chocolate chips because of their health benefits. Ghirardelli is a good brand and works well with this recipe)
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk, (not the carton milk...canned is best for this recipe)
- 1/4 cup raw honey, coconut palm sugar or sucanat
- Dash of kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts (optional)
Add to a heavy saucepan chocolate chips, coconut milk, honey, and salt, stir to combine. Turn to medium-low heat and allow chocolate to completely melt, stir to prevent scorching.
After chocolate has completely melted remove from heat, add peppermint and stir to combine. If using walnuts, add and stir.
Allow to cool uncovered until fudge has reached room temperature...approximately 4 hours. Using a large spoon, stir vigorously for 5-10 minutes until it loses some the gloss.
Lightly spray a 1 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour fudge into dish, cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Cut into 30 pieces.