by Skinny Ms.
We’ve all seen those tasty salad in a jar recipes on Pinterest. But sometimes a girl just needs something a bit more filling. Enter the Skinny Burrito in a Jar. Yes, we actually put a burrito in a jar.
This recipe is low in fat and calories, making it a smart choice for those watching the scale. But it also offers a generous 16 grams of protein—a must-have nutrient when it comes to building and maintaining muscle and bone. (Read this to learn more about protein and why it’s essential for a healthy body.)
Why else will you love Skinny Burrito in a Jar?
- It’s so easy! No cooking required, and you can mix the ingredients in under 5 minutes.
- It’s a make-ahead! Make it Sunday, and then enjoy it for lunch on Monday.
- It’s perfectly portioned! A ½-pint canning jar holds a 1-cup serving.
- It does double-duty! Enjoy this healthy recipe straight from the jar or add it to a whole wheat wrap.
by Skinny Ms.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size:1 jar | Calories: 191 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Previous Points: 3 | Points Plus: 4 | Cholesterol: 1 | Carbohydrates: 27 g | Sodium: 27 mg | Dietary Fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 15 g |
- 1 cup salsa, no sugar added
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, non-fat (optional non-fat sour cream)
Evenly divide each ingredient into 4 (1/2 pint size) canning jars. Add ingredients in this order: 1/4 cup salsa, 1/4 heaping cup black beans, 1/4 cup cheese, and 2 tablespoons yogurt or sour cream.
Refrigerate for up to two days. Eat straight from the jar or add to a whole wheat wrap.
TIP: Try adding 1/4 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice to each jar.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Have you tried our Luscious Grilled Shrimp Salad? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.