Our chicken noodle soup recipe puts a healthy spin on an American classic. This soup is great for when you are feeling under the weather or when you just have a craving for warm comfort food.
Yields: 8 Servings | Serving size: 1 Cup | Calories: 149 | SmartPoints: 4 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 22 mg | Sodium: 150 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 gm | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 11 g
- 2 pounds cut up chicken, skinless and boneless, cut into 2" pieces (raw chicken) I used breasts for this recipe but feel free to use dark meat or a combination of breasts and thighs
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth, fat free
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped, Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, broken into small pieces
Add all ingredients, except the noodles, in the slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low, or until carrots are tender. The last hour of cooking time, add the broken pasta and continue cooking one additional hour or until pasta is al dente, or to desired doneness.
Click here for the Top 10 Slow Cooker Recipes on SkinnyMs.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.