We’ve had a lot of requests for vegetarian chili, so we created this version packed with a big, bold spicy PUNCH!
Enjoy this delicious slow cooker recipe!
Servings 6 | Calories: 214 | Previous Points: 4 | Points Plus: 4 | Total Fat: 3 gm | Saturated Fats: 1 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 8 mg | Sodium: 183 mg | Carbohydrates: 26 gm | Dietary fiber: 9 gm | Sugars: 5 gm | Protein: 10 gm
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes with liquid
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cored and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium (use water as an option), use 1/2 cup less for a thicker chili
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn (optional)
Combine all the above ingredients, except corn, in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours in a 4-6 quart slow cooker. If using corn, add to slow cooker 15 minutes before the end of cooking time. Spoon into bowls and garnish with cilantro and diced onion, if desired.
Note: To make this into a meat chili, simply add 1 pound lean ground beef, turkey or chicken. Cook over medium-high heat, while breaking up the meat into small pieces. Cook until most of the pink color is gone. Drain off any fat and add to the chili before cooking.