Veggies don’t seem to make it onto our plates at every meal, despite the fact that they are a must-have in our diets. Many vegetables are superfoods that nourish our cells with essential nutrients, antioxidants, and fiber – the fuel our bodies need to keep us healthy. Check out these 15 delicious ways to eat more veggies.
1. Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Pine Nuts and Parmesan Shavings
Fresh zucchini brings the perfect amount of freshness and crunch to this summer salad.
2. Roasted Corn with Manchego and Lime
Pick up some sweet corn from your local farmer’s market to make this beautiful and bright side dish.
3. Black Bean, Sweet Potato, and Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
Try this healthier version of a stuffed pepper, both gluten-free and vegetarian.
4. Brussel Sprouts and Egg Skillet
Breakfast can be a tough time to include veggies, but pairing a vegetable with an egg dish is always a good choice! Check out this recipe.
5. Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Pizza is America’s favorite comfort food. Top this cauliflower pizza crust with all of your favorite toppings for a healthy alternative.
6. Italian Roasted Vegetables with Summer Basil
Roasting vegetables helps maintain some of the nutrients, and this recipe full of fresh herbs is sure to please even the pickiest of veggie-eaters.
7. Carrot Cake Smoothie
Try this healthier version of a carrot cake full of superfoods and bright orange carrots!
8. Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
Grilling your veggies helps maintain flavor and brings out the most beautiful colors. Try this side dish.
9. Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Zucchini Ravioli
Trade regular noodles with zucchini noodles to make this super healthy and tasty ravioli dish.
10. Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Vinaigrette
Light lemon vinaigrette adds tons of flavor to this easy asparagus recipe.
11. Grilled Vegetables in Foil Packets
Grilling veggies in the summer time is super easy and fun. Include the kids by having them make their own foil packets filled with their favorite vegetables!
12. Baked Eggplant Stacks with Cashew Ricotta
Try this twist on a classic italian meal featuring baked eggplant and baby spinach.
13. Baked Sweet Potatoes with Ricotta and Kale
Sweet potatoes and kale are both superfoods, and put together this is the perfect meal full of veggies! Grab the recipe.
14. Refreshing Avocado and Cucumber Soup
Chilled soups are a great option for summer, and an easy way to consume more vegetables. Try this refreshing recipe.
15. Sticky Miso Grilled Veggie Skewers
Make good use of your grill this summer with these miso marinated veggies!