Grill up your veggies for a distinct flavor!
Enjoy this clean eating pasta salad with fresh vegetables cooked in a healthy way! Grilling not only imparts a distinct flavor, but also allows us cook our vegetables with nothing between them and the heat! We used extra virgin olive oil, known for its high nutritional value, to dress our veggies, and balsamic vinegar to give it a rounder taste.
Pasta Salad with Grilled Vegetables and Mint
- 6 ounces short whole-wheat pasta like penne, farfalle, fusilli, mezze maniche
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1/2 eggplant sliced
- 1/4 cup preserved grilled peppers bottled, chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 mint leaves fresh, finely chopped
- Over high heat, boil a pot of salted water. When it starts to boil, put the pasta. Cook according to the number of minutes indicated in the package or until they are al dente.
- When they are cooked, put the pot under the faucet and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Drain then set aside in a bowl. Drizzle about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil so that they won't stick to each other.
- While cooking the pasta, grill the vegetables. On a hot grill or griddle, cook the zucchini and eggplant.
- When the vegetables are cooked through and already have grill marks, dice them.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and ground pepper.
- In a big serving bowl, mix together the pasta, vegetables, bottled peppers, and mint.
- Pour the dressing on the pasta and mix carefully.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Because salads are very good for us, here are our other recipe suggestions for a healthy living:
Have you heard of our our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection e-cookbook? It’s a treasure of 101 most popular fan recipes that we took note of and compiled in one book. Have a look!