Freshness is the first thing you’ll notice when you bite into this unique salad. Raw zucchini, sliced thinly and leaving just the perfect amount of crunch, combines so well with the delicate flavors of the toasted pine nuts, Parmesan, and mint. And to seal the deal? Use a generous amount of balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. It’s every vegan’s and vegetarian’s dream dish. Plus, preparing this salad takes so little time and almost no effort. The next time you’d like to whip up something refreshing and healthy in the kitchen, consider this dish. It takes only a few minutes and serves up excellent results for both your palate and your body.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 220 | Total Fat: 19 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 7 mg | Sodium: 111 mg | Carbohydrates: 7 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints: 8
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Fresh mint leaves
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, toast the pine nuts until they start to change their color, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- With the use of a mandoline slicer or sharp knife, vertically slice the zucchini very thinly.
- In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- In a large salad bowl combine the zucchini, pine nuts, Parmesan and mint. Drizzle with the balsamic dressing just before serving.
More fantastic Vegan recipes:
Don’t miss out on the latest from SkinnyMs. Subscribe to our newsletter so you won’t miss a thing. You can also like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for more delicious recipes, clean eating tips and healthy lifestyle resources.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.