When you think of grilling, burgers and corn probably come to mind. Sure, the outdoor cooking method certainly cranks up the flavor and taste of meat and veggies. But when grilling season rolls around, you can’t forget about pineapple! Bursting with mouthwatering, tangy flavor, grilled pineapple steals the show at any meal.
Nothing beats this perfect 3-Ingredient Pineapple Skewers recipe! The hand-held dish is a snap to make. Ripe pineapple wedges are coated in a candy-sweet mixture of honey and vanilla, giving off a crisp-on-the-outside, juicy-on-the-inside character. Add a little tropical flair to any party with these scrumptious pineapple skewers. Low-cal and uber nutritious, they’re sure to put smiles on your guests’ faces. Each bite will transport your taste buds to paradise.
Yields: 12 servings | Calories: 51 | Total Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1mg | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Protein: 0g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 1
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 (6-inch) skewers (if using bamboo or wood skewers, soak in warm water for 20- 30 minutes prior to using to prevent splintering)
- Whisk together honey and vanilla.
- Peel the pineapple, cut in half, and remove the core.
- Cut each half into 6 wedges.
- Thread onto skewers.
- Baste with honey-vanilla sauce.
- Lightly oil grill grates or spray a grill pan or skillet with cooking spray.
- Grill over medium-high heat or place grill pan or skillet on stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Once grill or pan is hot, add pineapple skewers and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on one side.
- Flip and repeat, basting with any additional sauce while cooking, until pineapple skewers are golden brown and tender.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy pineapple? We’d love to hear it! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else on the site.