With just 5 simple, nutrient-rich ingredients, this dish creates the ultimate breakfast experience.
Candy-sweet and oh-so decadent, sweet potatoes are a hit at dinner parties and holiday gatherings. But have you ever considered whipping them up for breakfast? This unique 5-Ingredient Breakfast Sweet Potatoes recipe will change the way you think about the savory superfood forever! With just 5 simple, nutrient-rich ingredients, this dish combines scrumptious flavors and textures for the ultimate breakfast experience.
Potatoes are baked to soft, buttery perfection, then stuffed with creamy avocado slices and juicy cherry tomatoes. Melted cheese adds a fabulous ooey-gooey finish to the mouthwatering dish. Packed with complex carbs and fiber, this breakfast dish will give you long-lasting energy and tame hunger all morning.
5-Ingredient Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes large
- 4 eggs beaten
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese reduced-fat, grated
- 1 avocado ripened, peeled, pitted and diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the potatoes directly on the oven rack for 50 minutes, piercing with a fork halfway through. Remove from oven and let cool. TIP: To save time bake potatoes the night before and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl and add the tomatoes.
- Cut the potatoes in half and lay cut side up on the baking sheet. Scoop about half of the potato from each piece and reserve for another use. Divide the egg mixture between the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and eggs are set. Serve topped with the diced avocado on top. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Hungry for more? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this recipe or anything else you’d like to see on SkinnyMs.