The perfect appetizer for game day... or any day!
Sometimes potatoes get a bad rap in the health food industry. Actually, potatoes can be pretty darn nutritious when cooked the right way and enjoyed in moderation. They are packed with potassium and fiber and are naturally fat- and cholesterol-free. With that knowledge, you can enjoy our 5-Ingredient Healthy Stuffed Potato Skins sans guilt!
We have utilized chicken, turkey bacon, and low-fat cheese in this recipe and added broccoli to ensure that you’re getting the healthiest potato skins we could come up with! This would be an awesome game-day appetizer or paired as a side with BBQ Chicken.
5-Ingredient Healthy Stuffed Potato Skins
- 3 potatoes large
- 1 cup chicken pre-cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup broccoli pre-cooked and chopped
- 6 turkey bacon slices nitrate-free, pre-cooked, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese low-fat, shredded
- sea salt to taste
- pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prick the potatoes a few times, put them on a baking sheet, and bake for about 60 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done, take them out of the oven and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop half the potatoes out of their skins and into a mixing bowl. Scoop the rest of the potatoes out and into a container to set aside for later. Add cooked shredded chicken, cooked chopped broccoli, cooked and chopped turkey bacon, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the bowl and mix it together. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture between 6 halves of potato skins, top with ½ cup cheddar cheese, and bake for 5-7 more minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms