All you need are three ingredients and a slow cooker to make these scrumptious Slow Cooker 3-Ingredient Glazed BBQ Chicken Breasts. Seriously, this will be one of the easiest barbecue chicken recipes you will ever make. The key to this dish is a fruit spread, which gives the barbecue glaze some extra depth and flavor. It’s important to choose a barbecue sauce that isn’t too sweet since the fruit spread adds enough sweetness. You can just toss these ingredients in the slow cooker and a few hours later, you’ll be gifted with tender and delicious barbecue chicken.
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 229 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 255mg | Carbohydrates: 8g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 7g | Protein: 24g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 2 pounds (on the bone) large chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1/2 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup (peach or apricot) fruit spread
- Wad up 4 pieces of foil, making into balls, about 1-inch in diameter. Place foil balls in the slow cooker. Place chicken, bone side down, on top of the balls for roasting. Whisk together bbq sauce and fruit spread, pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove foil balls and discard. Pour bbq glaze, remaining in the slow cooker, over chicken before serving.
- Chicken can be enjoyed whole or shredded for sandwiches. Be sure to include juices from the slow cooker.
What’s the secret to your barbecue chicken recipe? Leave a comment in the section below.