In our busy lives, our workouts are usually what fall to the bottom of the priority list. The solution to our daily workout routines being nixed? Do a workout first thing in the morning when you wake up. That way it’s out of the way and checked off, giving you a little pep in your step for the rest of the day! These exercises to do right out of bed will boost your metabolism, so you can feel the effects for the next 24 hours. Here are some of our favorite moves to do right after waking up!
7 Exercises to do Right Out of Bed
Equipment Needed: an Interval Timer and your own body weight!
What to Do: Read the descriptions below and watch the videos to become more familiar with each exercise. Perform each exercise for 30 seconds, moving directly to the next move with no rest. Rest for up to 60 seconds between rounds. Complete 2 rounds total. 7 exercises, 8 minutes!
1. Jumping Jacks – As you jump and extend your legs, bring your arms up above your head simultaneously. Make sure to keep your torso tight and stay in rhythm.
2. Plank – Lying parallel to the ground resting on your elbows with your arms in front of you, be straight as a board. There is no movement in this exercise just holding it.
3. Kneeling Hip Extensions – Support yourself on your elbows and one knee, lift the other knee slightly off the floor and behind the other leg, then fully extend the leg .
4. Push-ups – In a plank position but with your hand extended keeping a neutral spine, drop yourself a few inches off the ground, then push yourself back up again.
5. Jump Squats – With feet shoulder width apart and your toes behind you knees, get in a squat position, then jump up returning to the squat position and continue.
6. Reverse Crunch – Lying on your back with your knees slightly bent and feet on the floor, place your hands under your butt. Instead of crunching up to your knees, lift your legs and hips up off the ground. Return to the starting position, and repeat.
7. Plyometric Lunges – Form two 90 degree angles with your legs keeping your knees behind your toes, instead of doing a regular lunge you will hop & switch legs in place.
Kneeling Hip Extensions
You May Also Like:
- Before Your Shower – Mini Morning Workout
- 5 Exercises to Do Right Out of Bed
- Wake Me Up, Keep Me Going Workout Challenge
Does your fitness program need a jumpstart? Try our 6 Week Emergency Makeover Program.
Have you just started a new exercise program or challenge? We’d love to hear about it. Leave a comment below.