Enjoy Crunchy tilapia while benefiting from omega 3's, vitamin B12, and quality protein.
Skip the fish fry. This almond crusted tilapia recipe will give you that crispy bite without the extra fat and calories that come with a deep fryer. Tilapia is a mild white fish that serves as a very lean source of protein. Using ground almonds in the batter results in a unique flavor and provides heart-healthy benefits.
Almond Crusted Tilapia
- 16 ounces tilapia fillets (4 fillets)
- 1/4 cup almonds raw
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg white large, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- In a food processor pulse almonds, cornmeal, cayenne, and black pepper, until ingredients are combined and almonds are minced, while still having a slight amount of texture. Dip filets in egg white, coat both sides with almond mixture. Using your hands, press coating onto filets.
- Add oil to a large skillet, on medium-high heat, sear filets on both sides until golden and can easily flake with a fork. Remove filets from the skillet and pat with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms