This salad is not only beautiful and refreshing, but it also pairs well with almost any dinner menu.
Every heavy entrée needs something light and refreshing to balance out the richness of sodium, carbs, and fats. Our Almond Orange Frisée Salad is a perfect way to lighten any calorie-laden meal. Almonds and red onions add a welcome crunch, while oranges and honey bring a subtle sweetness. If you like a little extra sweetness and crunch, you can even candy your almonds (as with our Candied Pecans recipe)! The bitterness from the frisée balances out the sweet flavors in the salad, so it’s not too overwhelming. Plus, it’s super healthy!
This frisée salad is not only beautiful and refreshing, but it also pairs well with almost any dinner menu. If you have access to them, blood oranges would be a great substitution for regular oranges and make for a very striking presentation.
Almond Orange Frisée Salad
- 2 naval oranges
- 6 cups frisée lettuce rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon red onion sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons almonds lightly toasted, sliced
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Using a knife, carefully cut off the orange peel, removing all of the white membrane. Slice orange into wedges but cutting along the white membrane lines of the orange. Remove any seeds or excess membrane.
- In a large bowl, toss oranges, lettuce, red onion, and almonds. Divide into 4 serving bowls.
- In a blender, combine balsamic vinegar, honey, and orange juice. Blend on high and gradually add olive oil. Blend until combined. Lightly drizzle dressing onto prepared salad. Reserve extra for use as needed.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think of this Almond Orange Frisée Salad recipe? Let us know in the comments!