Need a sweet snack or topping that’s also heart healthy? Whip up a batch of these candied pecans. Research suggests that pecans, which contain vitamin E along with other antioxidants, boost heart health . We’ve used a touch of natural sweetener to satisfy the sweet tooth without loading the body with refined sugars. Prepare these Pan Roasted Candied Pecans and snack happy!
Yields: 8 Servings | Serving Size: 1/4 cup | Calories: 211 | Total Fat: 18 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 123 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 11 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle) 8
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Pinch of Kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey (optional maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, add pecan halves and pan roast for about 2 minutes. Turn pecans several times while pan roasting. Drizzle pecans with honey, toss to coat. Stir continuously for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and toss to combine. Allow to cool to room temperature. Store pecans in an airtight container until ready to use.
- TIP: These slightly sweet pecans are delicious in salads, as a snack, and crumbled over yogurt.
Hey, Tweeps! Follow @SkinnyMsMag for on-the-go access to healthy recipes and lifestyle tips.
Don’t miss out on the latest clean-eating dishes, like this candied pecan recipe, from SkinnyMs.—subscribe to our newsletter.
 Science Daily