You’ll find yourself coming back to this recipe again and again.
Spring rolls and other fried appetizers are a common staple in Asian fare. Although tempting, the takeout versions of these satisfying treats aren’t exactly healthy. Our Asian Stuffed Bell Peppers have all the delicious flavor without the additional carbs and fat from wonton wraps and frying oil.
Even better, throwing this recipe together takes less time than waiting for food delivery, and is guaranteed to please your family even more! Sesame oil packs tons of flavor into the pork and cabbage, along with zingy ground ginger and fresh cilantro. You’ll find yourself coming back to this recipe again and again. Indulge the SkinnyMs. way and enjoy!
Asian Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground pork optional turkey or beef
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups Napa cabbage shredded
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce optional tamari
- 4 green onions diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove seeds, core, and membrane from bell peppers. Slice each pepper in half vertically.
- Set sliced bell peppers aside.
- Cook ground pork over medium-high heat, breaking up as it cooks. Cook until the pork loses its pink color and is cooked through. Drain off any fat.
- In a separate pan, heat sesame oil. On medium heat, add Napa cabbage, ginger, garlic, pepper, salt, soy sauce, and half the green onion. Cook until the cabbage just begins to wilt. Add pork to cabbage mix and combine. Evenly distribute mixture into the bell pepper halves. Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 10 minutes or until peppers are hot.
- NOTE: If you prefer much softer bell peppers, add a few tablespoons water to the bottom of a large casserole dish, add filled peppers, cover tightly with foil, and bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with remaining diced green onion and chopped fresh cilantro.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave a comment in the section below.
This recipe was so delicious. I changed it up slightly just to make it easier and use what I had on hand. I sauteed onion with ground pork, fresh garlic & ginger, added in half a bag of dole coleslaw, sriracha & soy sauce. AMAZING. I love how easily it came together and how it’s such a filling carb free dish.