Get creative with a frittata!
Go vegetarian with this frittata and get all of your necessary protein from eggs! In addition to protein, eggs contain a multitude of beneficial vitamins and minerals. Frittatas are a great way to use eggs in your cooking, as they allow you to get creative! Combine fresh green asparagus and herb blossoms that you can easily pick from your garden for a delicious dish.
Asparagus Frittata with Herb Blossoms
- 4 asparagus spears rough ends cut off (plus more if using for garnish)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 chive blossoms divided into florets (plus more if using for garnish)
- 1 sage blossom
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch the asparagus for 5 minutes. Immediately immerse them in a bowl of ice water then let them cool. Drain the water when the asparagus have reached room temperature. Chop then set aside.
- In a bowl, prepare the frittata by whisking the eggs with the Parmesan, salt, and pepper then set aside.
- In a warm saucepan with the extra virgin olive oil, pour the frittata mixture.
- When the frittata is halfway cooked, distribute the asparagus and the herb blossoms.
- When the bottom part is cooked and the top part is already solid, turn the frittata by placing a plate on top of the saucepan (the plate should be bigger than the saucepan), reverse quickly and let the frittata fall on the plate.
- Put back the frittata on the saucepan carefully by sliding it inside. Cook for another minute.
- Transfer the frittata to the serving plate and garnish. Serve while hot.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More protein-rich egg recipes to choose from:
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.