Two opposing tastes and textures work magic together!
Bite into the unexpected flavors of our Avocado and Grapefruit Salad! Sweet yet savory, creamy yet juicy, these opposite flavors and textures compliment one another to make a delicious salad. Plus, both avocado and grapefruit are superfoods. Read about avocados and their nutritional power.
You might also like:
Luscious Grilled Shrimp Salad in an Avocado Shell with Spiced Yogurt
Zingy Pink Grapefruit Soda
Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
- 1 arugula bunch or spring salad mix
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 grapefruit cut into segments
- 1/2 tomato diced or sliced
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese diced
- 1/8 cup dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup grapefruit juice
- Combine grapefruit juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper, honey, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Place the arugula on four serving plates and arrange remaining ingredients on top of the arugula. Make sure to divide each ingredient evenly between the 4 plates. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for more tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
The recipe for the Avocado and Grapefruit Salad sounds great. But the Nutritional Information says it yields 4 servings. The Ingredients list “1 avocado” and “1 grapefruit.” But the Instructions say “Arrange 1/2 avocado per person, 1/2 grapefruit per person…” Either the Nutritional information, the Ingredients, or the Instructions are wrong. Which is it?
Hi Betsy – the nutrition information is correct for four servings. I’ve edited the instructions to be a more clear.
Can I use something other than avocado?
Hi Lea, you can omit the avocado if you’d like.