Bite into the unexpected flavors of our Avocado and Grapefruit Salad! Sweet yet savory, creamy yet juicy, these opposite flavors and textures compliment one another to make a delicious salad. Plus, both avocado and grapefruit are superfoods. Read about avocados and their nutritional power.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 213 | Total Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 5 mg | Sodium: 220 mg | Carbohydrates: 18 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1 bunch of arugula or spring salad mix
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1 grapefruit (cut into segments)
- ½ tomato (diced or sliced)
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese (diced)
- 1/8-cup Dijon mustard
- 1/8-cup honey
- 1/8-cup olive oil
- 1/8-cup grapefruit juice
- Combine grapefruit juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper, honey and olive oil. Mix well
- Place the arugula on four serving plates and arrange remaining ingredients on top of the arugula. Make sure to divide each ingredient evenly between the 4 plates. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.