Though many people believe that high-fat foods make you gain weight, foods that contain essential fatty acids have been linked to weight loss and good heart health. Your diet should include foods with omega-3 and omega-6 to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
For a low-carb breakfast full of healthy fats, try this Avocado Egg Bake! Avocados are one of the world’s healthiest foods. They provide fiber, omega-3s, and a variety of minerals. Eggs contain a good balance of fats and protein. The combination of avocado and eggs is not only delicious, but incredibly healthy as well!
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 avocado | Calories: 233 | Total Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 369mg | Carbohydrates: 9g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 8g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 eggs, organic free-range
- 2 pinches freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pinches kosher or sea salt
- 2 pinches paprika
- 4 fresh rosemary leaves, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out (and discard) about two teaspoons from each half to make room for the eggs. Crack open one egg at a time and drop inside each avocado half, making sure the yolk is in the center of each half.
- Season each egg with black pepper, salt, paprika, and sliced rosemary leaves.
- Carefully transfer each avocado half to a parchment lined baking pan.
- Place in the oven.
- Allow to bake for 10 minutes or until the whites have set.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Stay informed about new recipes, workouts, and other healthy lifestyle topics by subscribing to our newsletter. Join our fun and thriving community on our Facebook page and check out our Pinterest, too!
Have some feedback for us? Let us know what you think of this post in the comments section below. Don’t forget to let us know what you’d like to read about in the future!