This low-cal protein wrap is the perfect grab-and-go snack before a workout or dinner. We’ve packed in two superfoods, avocados and eggs, that offer tons of health benefits. Healthy fats in avocados improve heart health and promote weight loss. Eggs keep insulin levels stable and control cravings.
There’s more to these protein wraps than impressive nutritional content. With two scrumptious superfoods cradled in a delicious wrap, this snack’s combination of bold flavors and creamy, chewy textures will send your taste buds soaring. If you need a quick energy burst or something to ease a grumbly tummy, reach for an Avocado & Egg Protein Wrap!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 317 | Total Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 91mg | Carbohydrates: 20g | Fiber: 8g | Sugars: 1g | Protein: 10g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10 |
- 4 (6-inch) whole grain tortillas (recipe for tortillas)
- 4( free-range) eggs
- 2 avocados, peeled and seed removed
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (optional: freshly squeezed lemon juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stack tortillas and wrap in foil. Heat in oven for 10 minutes. Optional: Wrap tortillas in slightly damp paper towels and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Combine avocado, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and vinegar in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, add 2 teaspoons olive oil and heat just until hot, but not smoking. Gently add eggs, one at a time, taking care not to break the yolks. Cook just until whites are set and yolks are slightly thickened.
- In the meantime, evenly distribute mixture over warmed tortillas. Place eggs on top of avocado mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roll into a wrap, if desired.
What superfood snacks would you like to see next on SkinnyMs.? Let us know! We love hearing from our readers.