Grapes and avocado are a match made in salad heaven! Crisp juiciness from the grapes deliciously complements the avocado’s smooth, buttery texture. Paired with bright celery, sweet apple slices, and bold arugula, our avocado & grape salad with walnuts bursts with vitamins and minerals. Walnuts add crunchy texture and a healthy dose of protein and omega-3s. Combined, the salad offers a medley of sweet flavors sure to please your taste buds.
Whipping up this fresh and fabulous recipe is as easy as tossing the ingredients together. This salad serves as a lovely side dish to any meal, but it also makes a light and tasty lunch!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 171 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 170mg | Carbohydrates: 23g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7 |
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice (from about one lemon), divided
- 1 1/2 cups halved grapes
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 package baby arugula or baby kale
- 1 green apple, cored, quartered, and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Toss avocado slices in one tablespoon lemon juice. Toss apple slices separately in remaining tablespoon lemon juice. Toss grapes, walnuts, celery, apple, baby kale or arugula, and salt and pepper together. Carefully add avocado and toss.
- Enjoy with a favorite clean eating salad dressing or vinaigrette served tossed in salad or on the side.
Love the salad? Have some great clean eating toppings to share? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else on the site.