Eat it on its own, use it as a side, or pop it in a bowl and take it on-the-go.
Hungry for a satisfyingly smooth dip? Look no further than our scrumptious avocado hummus bowl. Our recipe includes a fortifying combination of veggies and hummus to fill you up with nutrients. It’s the perfect afternoon pick me up when you feel an energy crash coming on.
Chickpeas contain healthy doses of fiber, protein, and iron, essential for fortification. Cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, carrots, and spinach combined contain a ton of vitamins and minerals with a low-glycemic index to keep your blood sugar levels stable throughout the day.
This dish is extremely easy to prepare. Simply decorate a bowl with each ingredient and enjoy! You can eat it on its own, use it as a side, or pop it in a bowl and take it on-the-go.
Avocado Hummus Bowl
- 1/2 avocado ripe, peeled, pitted, and thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup chickpeas canned, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cucumber medium, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 10 spinach leaves well cleaned
- 1/3 cup hummus clean eating, any variety, store bought or homemade
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin or shelled sunflower seeds, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Line a bowl with spinach leaves, layering if necessary.
- Add avocado slices to one corner, chickpeas to another, grape tomatoes to another, and baby carrots to another.
- Add hummus to the center and top with sunflower or pumpkin seeds, if using.
- Sprinkle whole dish with salt and pepper and enjoy!
- This is great for a to-go lunch when made in a portable container with a lid.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love the dish? We need your feedback! Leave a comment below about this article or anything else on the site.