This recipe spotlights quinoa, one of our favorite superfoods. This nutritional powerhouse will blow you away with its laundry list of health benefits. Coined the “supergrain of the future,” quinoa lowers cholesterol levels, supports healthy brain function, boosts your metabolism, and much, much more! Why not rise and shine to breakfast quinoa? Deliciously sweet and savory, this recipe has you cooking quinoa in your choice of milk with a drizzle of honey.
Nutty quinoa delivers a thick, creamy consistency you’re bound to love. Complete with juicy berries, crunchy walnuts, and soft banana slices, each bowl includes all your favorite morning porridge toppings. Nothing beats waking up to this energy-boosting bowl of quinoa, certain to keep you full all morning long!
Yields: 2 servings | Calories: 326 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 192mg | Carbohydrates: 64g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 28g | Protein: 8g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13
- 1/2 cup quinoa, pre-rinsed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey, raw preferred
- 1/2 cup milk almond milk
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 banana, sliced
- Add quinoa to saucepan with 1 cup water and salt. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a low-boil. Cook 15 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork, and add milk and honey, stir to combine.
- Divide evenly among two bowls and top with almond milk, berries, banana slices, and nuts.
Love the recipe? Have some favorite breakfast toppings to share with the SkinnyMs. community? Leave a comment in the section below.