Nothing beats waking up to this energy-boosting bowl of quinoa!
This recipe spotlights quinoa, one of our favorite superfoods. This nutritional powerhouse will blow you away with its laundry list of health benefits. Coined the “supergrain of the future,” quinoa lowers cholesterol levels, supports healthy brain function, boosts your metabolism, and much, much more! Why not rise and shine to breakfast quinoa? Deliciously sweet and savory, this recipe has you cooking quinoa in your choice of milk with a drizzle of honey.
Breakfast Quinoa Recipe
There’s nothing like starting your day with a warm, satisfying bowl of porridge. Let me introduce you to this nutty quinoa porridge – it has a delightfully thick and creamy texture that I think you’ll really enjoy. We’ve tossed in some juicy mixed berries to add a pop of sweetness, crunchy walnuts to give each bite some texture, and soft banana slices for a touch of natural sweetness. This energy-boosting bowl is packed with nutrients to keep you fueled all morning long. The quinoa gives you lasting energy while the fruit and nuts provide fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Breakfast Quinoa, the Perfect Kick Start
Nutty quinoa delivers a thick, creamy consistency you’re bound to love. Complete with juicy berries, crunchy walnuts, and soft banana slices, each bowl includes all your favorite morning porridge toppings. Nothing beats waking up to this energy-boosting bowl of quinoa, certain to keep you full all morning long! The combination of flavors and textures is sure to make this a new morning favorite. Wake up to this bowl of goodness and feel ready to take on the day!
- 1/2 cup quinoa pre-rinsed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey raw preferred
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh
- 1/4 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 banana sliced
- Add quinoa to a saucepan with 1 cup water and salt. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a low-boil. Cook 15 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork, and add milk and honey, stir to combine.
- Divide evenly among two bowls and top with almond milk, berries, banana slices, and nuts.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love the recipe? Have some favorite breakfast toppings to share with the SkinnyMs. community? Leave a comment in the section below.
Enjoyed the read? Check out more:
- Pesto White Bean Soup
- How to Make Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- 6 Clean Eating Pizza Recipes for the Whole Family to Enjoy!
- Clean-Eating Caramel Apples
- Refrigerator Oatmeal with Bananas and Berries
- Garlic Ginger Green Beans