What time is it when you normally feel the rumbling of a craving? Does it strike after dinner, when you’re sitting on the couch, and you’re just realized that there’s nothing sweet in the house? Many after hours ice cream runs have started this way! Does your craving hit you mid-afternoon, in your office, and leave you in search of the nearest vending machine or bakery? If you’re committed to healthy, clean eating, you know that giving in to cravings for refined, processed, sugary sweets can be damaging to your eating plan and your health! But you don’t need to swear off sweets completely!
Peanut Butter Banana Cups
Enter our scrumptious Peanut Butter Banana Cups, rich, chocolatey, peanut buttery cups that melt in your mouth, but are made with 100% clean eating ingredients. Each bite contains nothing but dark chocolate, which is lower in sugar than milk chocolate and rich in flavonoids, peanut butter for protein, banana for a heaping dose of antioxidants, and coconut oil, one of our favorite, healthy substitutes for butter.
Simply spoon your melted chocolate to the bottom of your baking cups, top with a slice of banana and a scoop of peanut butter mixed with coconut oil. Then, top each nugget with a dollop of chocolate. Freeze for twenty minutes, and enjoy. Having these delicious cups in your kitchen will give you that candy feel and flavor, without the added fat and calories. Homemade, clean eating candy for the win!
Yields: 16 servings | Serving Size: 1 peanut butter banana cup | Calories: 69 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 15 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints: 3
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced into 16 rounds
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter, store bought or homemade
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, (unrefined extra-virgin preferred)
- 16 (1.25-inch) baking cups
- Place a sheet of wax or parchment paper on the counter top for preparation. Set the baking cups on top.
- Melt chocolate in a double-boiler or in a small sauce pan over low heat. Allow to cool slightly. In the meantime, combine the melted coconut oil and peanut butter.
- Add approximately 1 teaspoon melted chocolate to the bottom of each baking cup, followed by one banana slice, 1 teaspoon peanut butter mixture, and lastly drop about 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate in the center of each cup. Carefully place cups on a freezer safe dish or casserole pan. Cover and place in the freezer until set, approximately 1 hour.
- NOTE: Our perfectly portioned Peanut Butter Banana Cups thaw quickly. For best results, enjoy one at a time after allowing to set at room temperature about 2-3 minutes. To prevent the peanut butter mixture from softening too quickly, add 1 tablespoon powdered sugar to peanut butter and coconut oil mixture before adding to cups.