Indulge in plant-based candy without the guilt!
What time is it when you normally feel the rumbling of a craving? Does it strike after dinner when you’re sitting on the couch, and you’ve just realized that there’s nothing sweet in the house? Many after-hours ice cream runs have started this way! Does your craving hit you mid-afternoon, in your office, and leave you in search of the nearest vending machine or bakery? If you’re committed to healthy, clean eating, you know that giving in to cravings for refined, processed, sugary sweets can be damaging to your eating plan and your health! But you don’t need to swear off sweets completely!
We like to stock up on healthy alternatives to our favorite sweets, like these peanut butter and banana Reese’s cup alternatives. That way, we’ll always have a healthy treat on hand when cravings strike!
Peanut Butter Banana Reese’s Cup Alternative Recipe
Enter our scrumptious peanut butter and banana Reese’s cup alternatives, rich, chocolatey, peanut buttery cups that melt in your mouth but are made with 100% clean eating ingredients. Each bite contains nothing but dark chocolate, which is lower in sugar than milk chocolate and rich in flavonoids, peanut butter for protein, banana for a heaping dose of antioxidants, and coconut oil, one of our favorite healthy substitutes for butter.
Simply spoon your melted chocolate into the bottom of your baking cups and top with a slice of banana and a scoop of peanut butter mixed with coconut oil. Then, top each nugget with a dollop of chocolate. Freeze the cups for twenty minutes, and enjoy. Having these delicious cups in your kitchen will give you that candy feel and flavor without the added fat and calories. Homemade, clean-eating candy for the win!
Want More Peanut Butter + Banana?
If you love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, you’re sure to love this peanut butter and banana Reese’s cup recipe even more. Our creamy banana-filled center gives the peanut butter cups that extra yum factor. And they are melt-in-your-mouth amazing! If you enjoy them, you might also like to try:
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Banana Pops
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Peanut Butter Banana Cups
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 banana medium
- 1/4 cup peanut butter all natural
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- Place a sheet of wax or parchment paper on the counter top for preparation. Set the baking cups on top.
- Melt chocolate in a double-boiler or in a small sauce pan over low heat. Allow to cool slightly. In the meantime, combine the melted coconut oil and peanut butter.
- Add approximately 1 teaspoon melted chocolate to the bottom of each baking cup, followed by one banana slice, 1 teaspoon peanut butter mixture, and lastly drop about 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate in the center of each cup. Carefully place cups on a freezer safe dish or casserole pan. Cover and place in the freezer until set, approximately 1 hour.
- NOTE: Our perfectly portioned Peanut Butter Banana Cups thaw quickly. For best results, enjoy one at a time after allowing to set at room temperature about 2-3 minutes. To prevent the peanut butter mixture from softening too quickly, add 1 tablespoon powdered sugar to peanut butter and coconut oil mixture before adding to cups.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
These peanut butter banana Reese’s cup alternatives feel like a mini indulgence without the extra calories and added sugar. They’re quick, decadent bites that are perfect for moments when you’re craving something sweet. Make a batch and store them in your freezer so that you always have them on hand for when your hunger strikes!
Have you made this Peanut Butter Banana Reese’s Cup Alternative recipe? What’s your favorite sweet and healthy treat? We’d love to hear from you, so let us know what you think in the comments below!
Enjoyed this post? Check out more:
- Chocolate Strawberry Cups
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Baked Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
- Think You Can’t Eat Snacks When Losing Weight? Think Again! 50 Snacks That I Used to Lose 30 Pounds