Everyone loves a delicious quesadilla. But with all the fatty ingredients, they’re not always a good option. Well, now you can enjoy all that crispy, cheesy goodness with our Oven Baked Vegetable Quesadilla! We’ve taken the humble cheese quesadilla to a whole new level, so you can enjoy without guilt. This recipe uses lots of healthy, yet wholesome ingredients, like vegetables and beans. We also use low-fat cheese and whole wheat tortillas, so you don’t have to worry about unhealthy fats or sugars. Since you can cook them in the oven, you’ll save lots of time and effort.
Serve them with a dollop of low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt, guacamole, and salsa. Get ready for a wholesome, tasty, and meat-free meal that your whole family will love!
Yields: 4 Quesadillas | Serving Size: 1/2 quesadilla | Calories: 277 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 476mg | Carbohydrates: 32g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 10g | SmartPoints: 9
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red onion, sliced into strips
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup carrot, cut into this strips
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup low fat shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup black beans, cooked
- Preheat oven to the low broil setting, or 500 degrees.
- Combine red pepper, onion, zucchini, carrot, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and salt. Toss to coat all vegetables in the oil. Lay in a single even layer on a cookie sheet. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables just begin to wilt. Watch the vegetables closely, since they will cook fast!
- Lightly spray a second cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Lay 4 of the tortillas flat on the sheet. Divide the cooked vegetables evenly between the tortillas followed by the cheese and beans. Top with a second tortilla. Lightly brush the tops with remaining olive oil.
- Bake about 2 to 3 minutes, just until tops begin to brown. Remove from oven, flip quesadillas and brush the second side with olive oil. Return to oven and bake an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until light brown. Watch closely as the quesadillas will cook and burn quickly!
- Remove from oven and rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Cut and serve with low fat sour cream, plain Greek yogurt, your favorite salsa, or guacamole!
Let us know how it turns out in the comments section below!