A healthy shake that tastes like dessert!
Protein shakes are an awesome way to power up after a serious workout, but it can be a challenge to find one that tastes great without added sugar and highly processed ingredients. That’s why we at SkinnyMs. developed the Banana Split Workout Protein Smoothie. It’s loaded with natural protein as well as delicious ingredients like coconut milk and strawberries. And seriously, who doesn’t love the flavors of a banana split?!
Nutritious and Delicious Ingredients
This decadent protein smoothie tastes like ice cream but it’s actually loaded with nutrients! Protein powder is obviously an excellent source of protein which is vital for weight loss, and weight and muscle maintenance. Since most of us don’t consume enough protein throughout the day, protein powders are an excellent, super-easy way to get a hefty dose of it fast!
Bananas and strawberries are both good sources of fiber, which helps to control your appetite. They also offer vitamins and minerals like potassium and Vitamin C which contribute to healthy muscles, organs, and even a strong immune system!
The peanut butter acts as the healthy fat that helps this protein shake be so filling! It’s just an added benefit that it tastes so good!
Lastly, coconut milk is an excellent source of lactose-free calcium! Calcium does a lot of great things for our bodies, like ensuring strong bones and a healthy heart and digestive system.
Customize Your Banana Split Protein Smoothie
We love when you customize our recipes to fit your own personal preferences! There are plenty of ways to make this banana split workout protein smoothie your own!
- If chocolate isn’t your favorite, you can leave out the cocoa powder and use your favorite vanilla protein powder instead! Feel free to add a dash of vanilla extract for an added boost of flavor.
- For extra protein, you can add a cup of vanilla Greek yogurt!
- Try adding in other fresh fruits like raspberries, blueberries, or even cherries!
- Swap the coconut milk for sweetened or unsweetened almond milk, or try cow’s milk if that’s what you have in the fridge!
- You can use almond butter in place of peanut butter (or any other nut butter you like!)
- Add as many or as few ice cubes as you want! We love it super cold in the summertime and closer to room temperature in the winter!
No matter what ingredients you choose, this protein shake is going to taste like a milkshake! Let us know what you’re going to swap or add to your protein shake in the comment section!
Smoothies are So Easy!
Healthy eating (or drinking) has never been easier! Protein shakes are one of our daily go-to’s because they offer so many nutrients but require very little prep time.
All you have to do to make this banana split protein smoothie is throw all of the ingredients into a blender and turn it on! Blend it until it reaches the desired consistency and enjoy!
Drink this banana split smoothie after a workout or even as a light snack for a pick-me-up on a busy day! Of course, it tastes like dessert so you can always enjoy it as a healthy late-night treat, too!
Pro tip: Pour your blended shake into a Yeti tumbler, bring it with you to the gym, keep it in your locker, and enjoy it right after you finish your workout! The Yeti will keep it fresh and cold for hours!
Banana Split Workout Protein Smoothie
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon chocolate protein powder (Clean Protein Powder recommended)
- 1 banana medium
- 1/4 cup strawberries fresh, diced
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter natural
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- ice if desired
- Combine cocoa powder, protein powder, banana, strawberries, peanut butter, 1/2 cup coconut milk, and ice (if using) in a blender. Blend until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add more coconut milk until the desired consistency is reached.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You might also like:
- 7 Delicious Workout Smoothies for Energy
- Kale and Orange Smoothie
- 5 Delicious Detox Smoothie Recipes
What’s your favorite after-workout smoothie? Let us know in the comments!