Protein shakes are an awesome way to power up after a serious workout, but it can be a challenge to find one that tastes great without added sugar and highly processed ingredients. That’s why we at SkinnyMs. developed the Banana Split Workout Protein Smoothie. It’s loaded with natural protein as well as delicious ingredients like coconut milk and strawberries. And seriously, who doesn’t love the flavors of a banana split?!
Enjoy this smoothie after a workout or even as a light snack for a pick-me-up on a busy day!
Yields: 1 serving | Calories: 346 | Total Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 29mg | Carbohydrates: 39g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 21g | Protein: 14g | SmartPoints: 14
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate protein powder (Clean Protein Powder recommended)
- 1 medium banana
- 1/4 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Ice (if desired)
- Combine cocoa powder, protein powder, banana, strawberries, peanut butter, 1/2 cup coconut milk, and ice (if using) in blender. Blend until smooth. If smoothie is too thick, add more coconut milk until desired consistency is reached.
- TIP: If you prefer cold smoothies but don’t care to water down the smoothie with ice, use frozen strawberries in place of fresh and omit ice!
You might also like:
What’s your favorite after-workout smoothie? Let us know in the comments!