This gooey indulgence doesn't come with the usual side of guilt!
Sweet tooth knockin’ on your door? Don’t be too quick to turn it away! Just because you’re following a clean eating lifestyle doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in rich, tasty treats– especially when they’re made of nothing but 100% clean and wholesome ingredients! Our best ever fudge brownies are the perfect way to satisfy your cravings in a healthier way!
Tasty Brownies Made with Whole Ingredients
Unlike traditional brownie recipes, this version contains real food ingredients. But that’s not the only reason they’re the best ever. These brownies are chocolatey, moist, and mouthwatering.
They get their unbelievable flavor from whole ingredients like pure butter, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, and pure vanilla extract. We’ve used whole wheat flour instead of traditional white flour to give these brownies some extra nutrients, as well. When you cook with whole ingredients, food just tastes better!
Try These Plant-Based Swaps
And while these brownies do contain some animal-based products, they can be made vegan-friendly with a couple easy baking swaps. First, you would need to use coconut oil instead of butter. Then, simply use two ripe mashed bananas in place of the two eggs. Finally, there are vegan-friendly chocolate chips available. Our favorite brand is Enjoy Life chocolate chips.
How to Make the Best Ever Fudge Brownies
It only takes 20 minutes to get these babies into the oven! Begin by preheating it to 350 degrees. Then, lightly grease the sides and bottom of an 8×8 inch square baking pan.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter (or coconut oil) over low heat. Add your coconut sugar and stir until it’s completely dissolved. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the cocoa. Next, add the vanilla extract and eggs (or mashed bananas) one at a time and stir to combine.
Stir in your flour, salt, chocolate chips, and walnuts until all of the ingredients are combined, taking special care not to over mix. Once the flour is no longer visible, it’s ready to pour into the prepared baking dish. Spread the batter out evenly into the pan. You can sprinkle a few more walnut pieces on top before baking, if you wish!
Bake the brownies for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when stuck into the center. Make sure you let the brownies cool for at least one hour before enjoying!
Best Ever Fudge Brownies
- 1/2 cup pure butter optional coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs large, lightly whipped
- 1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips our favorite is Enjoy Life Mini Chips
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil sides and bottom of an 8x8 inch square baking pan (glass pan if available).
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add coconut sugar and stir until it's dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa, just until combined. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and stir to combine.
- Add flour, salt, chocolate chips, and walnuts and stir to combine, being careful not to over mix. Once the flour is no longer visible, it's ready to pour in the prepared pan. Spread evenly in pan. If desired, sprinkle a few more walnut pieces on top before baking. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove and cool at least one hour before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
How did the brownies turn out? If you enjoyed our best ever fudge brownies, we think you might also like to try:
- Melt-in-Your-Mouth Sweet Potato Fudge Brownies
- Avocado Fudge Brownie Recipe
- Clean Eating Fudge Brownies
For more delicious desserts and fabulous recipes, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our eNewsletter to get our latest content delivered directly to your inbox.