When pumpkin pie meets cheesecake, everyone wins.
When pumpkin pie meets cheesecake, everyone wins. With this in mind, we went to work to create a recipe that everyone would adore. The result was even better than we anticipated, which is why we decided to refer to it as the Best Ever Pumpkin Cheesecake!
Two Delicious Desserts Become One
We love pumpkin pie because of it’s sweet flavor and moist texture. The warm nuttiness makes it a holiday classic for a reason! When these things are combined with the slight tartness and rich creaminess of the cheesecake, you end up with a dessert that’s out of this world!
Tasty Pumpkin Cheesecake Made with Healthier Ingredients
One of the things that’s so special about this particular pumpkin cheesecake though, is that it’s made with healthier ingredients. This “skinny-fied” version offers the perfect amount of decadence to satisfy your sweet tooth without being damaging to your waistline.
We decided to use almonds and oats as the base of the crust, so that our gluten-free guests can still take part in the indulgence. Reduced fat cream cheese and ricotta cheese keep the filling low-fat, while sour cream and pumpkin puree provide a classic, creamy texture. Since coconut sugar is the only added sweetener in this dessert, we’ve managed to keep the sugar content down. These healthier ingredients make this pumpkin cheesecake both delicious and more nutritious (when it comes to desserts, at least).
One slice of our skinny pumpkin cheesecake is 383 calories and contains 27 grams of sugar. You might be thinking, that’s pretty heavy for a “skinny” recipe, but if you compare our recipe to one slice of pumpkin cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, you’ll notice a dramatic difference. One slice of their pumpkin cheesecake is 680 calories and contains a crazy 49 grams of sugar!
Definitely a Crowd-Pleaser
This pumpkin cheesecake promises to deliver on flavor, and can satisfy almost any dietary restriction. It’s perfect to take to a holiday gathering, and due to it’s incredible flavor no one will ever know that it’s a skinnier version! Of course, you can always just make one for yourself ☺
Best Ever Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted, optional coconut oil
- 16 ounces cream cheese reduced-fat, packages, room temperature
- 1 cup ricotta cheese reduced-fat
- 3 whole eggs large
- 1 egg yolk large
- 1/4 cup sour cream optional Greek yogurt
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour optional cornstarch or Tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crust - In a food processor or high power blender, add almonds, oats, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Pulse until a a crumb like consistency (not flour or mill).
- In a medium bowl, combine crumbs, coconut sugar, and melted butter. Add to a 9-inch springform pan and press crumbs in bottom of the pan and about 1/2-inch up the sides. To make this process easier, place you fingers inside Saran Wrap and press the crumbs. Set aside.
- Filling - Add cream cheese and ricotta cheese to a large mixing bowl and cream with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, sour cream, pumpkin puree, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice while continuing creaming with an electric mixture until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Pour and evenly spread filling into prepared crust. Place a baking sheet on the center oven rack, and place springform pan on top. Bake for one hour or until cheesecake is set around the edges and the center still slightly jiggles. The cheesecake will continue to bake after being removed from the oven. Remove and cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, approximately 4 to 6 hours. Run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the cheesecake. Loosen the pan and remove the sides before slicing the cheesecake.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think? Tastes pretty incredible, doesn’t it? Be sure to let us know what you thought in the comment section! We love feedback!
Plenty More Sweet Treats
Hungry for more pumpkin recipes? You’re certainly in the right place! We have plenty more where that came from! Check out these popular treats:
Clean Eating Pumpkin Pie
Not a cheesecake fan? If not, this clean-eating pumpkin pie may be more up your alley! It’s made with clean ingredients for a guilt-free dessert!
These adorable little pumpkin trifles are packed-full of flavor and perfect for a holiday party buffet!
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
This is another recipe that combines two delectable desserts! Pecan pie and cheesecake join together to create a seriously mouthwatering treat.
If you want to stay up to date on all of our tasty recipes, be sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, or subscribe to our eNewsletter!
Can I make this ahead of time and freeze it for Thanksgiving?
Hi Jill, I wouldn’t freeze cheesecake as it will change the texture. However, you can make ahead a day or two and refrigerate.