A sweet way to start your day!
At SkinnyMs., we love easy breakfast recipes! Eating breakfast jumpstarts your metabolism and gives your body the energy it needs to get through the day. It’s easier to get in the habit of eating breakfast if you have a few go-to quick breakfast recipes. This blackberry and chia breakfast pudding fits the bill. You can make most of it at night, which means you can wake up, grab it from the fridge, and head out the door. Plus, it’s as healthy as it is easy. Greek yogurt is a fantastic source of protein and coconut milk is a great source of healthy fats. Tiny chia seeds are a great source of both protein and healthy fats, as well as antioxidants.
Blackberry and Chia Breakfast Pudding
- 1/2 cup blackberries fresh
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/4 cup almonds toasted, sliced
- In a mixing bowl, crush the blackberries with a fork until mashed well. Add the chia seeds, coconut milk, yogurt, almond extract, honey, and shredded coconut. Mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight. Don't worry if the mixture is a little runny, it will thicken as it sets!
- To serve, remove from the refrigerator and stir. If the pudding is still too runny for your preference, add additional Greek yogurt. If it is too thick, add additional coconut milk. Spoon into serving bowls and top with sliced almonds. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms