Chia seeds are one of our favorite superfoods. They’re naturally gluten-free, full of omega-3s, and contain tons of fiber. And, when added to liquid, they soak it all up along with the flavors. Our Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding recipe is creamy, cold, and skinny (thanks to coconut sugar and coconut milk). Best of all, it tastes just like you’re biting into a Thanksgiving pumpkin pie.
This pudding works great as a quick breakfast option when prepared the night before, or as a light dessert after a heavy meal. Either way, you get a spoonful of fall in every bite, along with an added punch of superfood goodness.
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 252 | Total Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 34mg | Carbohydrates: 24g | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints(Freestyle): 9
- 2 cups canned coconut milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping, optional
- In a blender add all ingredients except chia seeds, pulse until smooth. Add chia seeds and pulse just until combined.
- Divide the mixture between four 8-ounce mason jars or dessert dishes, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- If desired, top with whipped topping before serving.
Can’t get enough pumpkin in our life? Enjoy 23 Delicious Ways to Eat Pumpkin!