Medicine balls don’t get enough credit. Dumbbells, for instance, have a grip that’s easy to grab onto to get the job done. Medicine balls, on the other hand, are sphere-shaped and require more control and minor muscle stability to keep the ball centered. Control is essential to getting the best fitness results, and if you’re looking to blast fat from your abs, this medicine ball workout will do just that.
This ab workout is going to be rough since you’ll be working on all of the ab muscle groups. To make it more manageable, we’ve spread out the exercises so that they hit different ab groups and offer a little bit of rest while you push through. Medicine balls will naturally roll or venture off because they’re round, but it’s part of the exercise to keep them centered and in your control. This will bring the extra fat burning results.
As the title suggests, you’ll need a medicine ball (10 to 20 pounds) but also an interval timer, which most phones have nowadays.
Blast Ab Fat with this Medicine Ball Workout
If you’re a beginner, you’ll perform each exercise for 30 seconds, rest 20 seconds, and complete three rounds with one minute of rest in between each round.
For intermediate and advanced fitness aficionados, perform each medicine exercise for 45 seconds. Rest ten seconds in between each exercise and complete five rounds.
- Medicine Ball Crunch: Just think of these as a weighted crunch. They’re the same movements with a little resistance added in to the mix.
- Russian Twist with Medicine Ball: A great oblique exercise to help reveal a slim waist.
- Medicine Ball Plank Hold: Planks already require balance, but this ab exercise requires core stability. Keep your arms straight and core tight. Try not to move your feet.
- Mountain Climber with Medicine Ball: Stability is key here. Keep the ball centered and push your legs through!
- Medicine Ball Toe Touch: This ab exercise focuses on the upper abs. Weighted resistance helps build and define your muscles.
- Medicine Ball Pike: These are challenging, but once you get your rhythm, you’ll be able to breeze through them. Focus on fluid movement and breathing.
Medicine Ball Crunches
Russian Twist w/ Medicine Ball
Medicine Ball Plank Hold
Mountain Climber w/ Medicine Ball
Medicine Ball Toe Touch
Medicine Ball Pike
A slim waist should lead to some amazing curves. Our Flat Belly, Round Bottom Workout is the perfect butt and ab workout to tighten your waist and firm up your butt.