Calm your sugar cravings with one of these Chocolate Coconut Almond Balls! This delicious dessert recipe calls for 100% clean and wholesome ingredients, like fiber-filled dates and nutrient-rich almonds. If you get hungry between meals, these satisfying snacks are a delicious solution.
The no-bake treats take just a few minutes to make – no oven necessary! Store in the fridge overnight or pop in the freezer to retain freshness for weeks. These bite-sized delights are bursting with nutty, chocolatey flavors your taste buds will love.
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1 ball | Calories: 92 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 2mg | Carbohydrates: 14g | Fiber: 3g | Sugars: 10g | Protein: 2g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4 |
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/16 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons warm water
- Whisk together oats, cocoa powder, and salt. Puree dates and water in a food processor or blender to form a paste. Add to bowl with oats and cocoa powder. Mix well, using hands if necessary, and form into balls.
- Spread almonds and coconut on a plate. Roll the balls, pressing the almonds into them when necessary. Makes about 12 one-inch diameter balls.
- Balls will keep for about one week covered in the fridge or 2-3 weeks in the freezer in an airtight container. Enjoy!
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.